Surgeon (pref in the States w/ experience on thin facial skin) for a sharp thin 'TV nose' (explanation within)after accident altered my primary rhino?

sanarae

May 14, 2016
^ What it says on the tin, essentially.

tl;dr Any recommendations for excellent rhinoplasty surgeons who turn out lasting thin-bridged, narrow tip, narrow alars, and a 'pointy' (I'm not talking extreme but as opposed to droopy or hyperextended or twisted or rounded...oh, you know) that are telegenic/photogenic for career and vanity purposes, please hit me up via PM or otherwise! (I am committed to confidentiality. Also, I'm basically describing my OG nose aside from a sharpened tip)

I had a rhinoplasty, oh, decades ago (I am being vague on purpose; the primary surgeon was a well-respected practitioner at the time). Sure, it had been some time and my nose altered; I went on consultations but ultimately didn't feel the need to undertake nonsurgical intervention on it (read between the lines...). During the pandemic someone very close to me passed on, and I ended up injured in a series of unfortunate events. Freak accident, really. Now the bridge is odd, the columella hanging, and a side of the tip is forced sideways. It doesn't look like a natural occurrence, but an accident, and the pity I get...really hurts? am I allowed to say that?

I'm mixed-race Korean but with what might term a notably Caucasian-type nose (narrow, high, thin tip/alars) and very thin skin (i.e., in Seoul, I couldn't stuff an immaculate implant in there as the skin won't drape naturally over the structure. I've seen beautiful work done on patients with thicker skin (and thick skin is slower to age, bonus!)). prior to the injury, a surgical fix to the bridge and a bit of fiddling about to refine the tip was NBD to most experienced (Western) surgeons. I should note that I feel most comfortable with Korean surgeons in eye work and facial contouring due to my phenotype and desired outcome, but my personal pref is to someone who is experienced and delivers 3D results with this type of nose. I have not had any invasive surgeries prior to the primary rhino. Also, I'm in my mid 30s if that's relevant. Now I've actually sustained a trauma - I had to be evaluated by a trauma surgeon ffs - ... I'm not fooling myself that this is dire and unfixable - but a) I've seen so many botch jobs, and b) the in-elective alteration to my facial infrastructure is really, really taking a hit to my confidence and self-esteem, not least as I was slated to be on camera for aesthetic reasons/as a spokesperson for a project (I am being vague for a reason, please respect this) for a farrago of professional reasons later this year. The asymmetry and unevenness isn't photogenic nor telegenic, nor something that can be fixed with a bit of filler and botox. Can't fix everything in post or with a bit of HA filler...

I would appreciate it greatly you kindly did not quote the above - but perhaps shared your own personal experiences, or suggestions as to where I might go from here, or recommendations for rhinoplasty surgeons who do excellent work, particularly if they are operating on a nose which has previously had a surgery and now a slight injury (I have my Op report and documentation). I am rather desperate at the moment and it pains me to admit this - I have built my life on not evidencing vulnerability - and to confess this to strangers who might ridicule me is, y'know, hard!

Thank you. :smile: