Superbowl food ideas

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!

1. Ooh, interesting. Might have to give that a try when I make it again. Thanks for the suggestion!

2. What is rotel? And how do you make this? Just microwave it together?

I love cheese dips!

3. Ro*tel is a can of diced tomatoes with chilies!

RO*TEL ®

4. Its so yummy and easy...

5. no one in our crowd is fan of pro-football (we're all college football fans!) but we have a superbowl party each year. We usually try to key our food to the teams that are playing.

this year, DH says we are rooting for Arizona because he hates Pittsburg... so we are having southwestern food.

Pork chili
    Tacos al pastor
    grilled stuffed peppers
    tailgate calabrase
    chips, salsa, guac and queso (rotel and velvetta!)

We are also having a special "cardinal" cocktail... vodka, cinnamon schapps (the red kind!) a splash of grenadine (for color!) and club soda, over ice. thinking about garnishing them with a mild red chili pepper, If I can find some.

6. I'm making TACO SALAD! It's such a weird combination, but so delicious and always a hit!

Brown and drain a pound of ground meat. Add a packet of taco seasoning, according to the directions on the packet. Let it cool.

Then wash a head of lettuce and tear it up into small pieces. Add one big chopped cucumber (peeled and with the seeds removed) -- or two if they are smaller cukes. Add 1/2 a chopped red onion. Add a package of shredded cheddar cheese. Add half a bottle of Catalina dressing. Mix it all together.

When you're ready to serve, add a bag of crushed up Nacho Cheesier Doritos (they tend to get a little mushy, so that's why I wait until I serve it) and about another 1/4 bottle of the Catalina dressing.

Mix it all up, and people can eat it with forks! It's SO tasty and easy! :smile:

I'm also making SAUSAGE DIP! You brown one pound of Bob Evans big round sausages -- you know, the one that comes in one long link. Add a can of tomato paste. Add 3/4 of a package of Neufchatel cream cheese (Philadelphia cream cheese markets this as their 1/3 less fat version -- it says "neufchatel" in the corner of the package). Mix it up and bake for half an hour in a 350 degree oven. I serve it with Fritos scooper chips or triscuits -- a harder chip is better for this dip. Men in particular love the sausage dip!

I'm from Pittsburgh originally, so I am SO excited for the Super Bowl! Go Steelers!