Super tight ankle straps???

ellewoods

Sep 29, 2006
NYC
I have a pair of black studded Mads and I have never been able to wear them with the ankle strap. It is soooo tight. I always thought I had pretty nice ankles but obviously according to Mr. Louboutin I have cankles! I just wear them without the strap but I really want to get the stap to work for me.

Is it possible to stretch out the removable ankle straps a little bit, or would I be forced to have a cobbler extend them? Does anyone have experience with either potential solution?

Thanks!

cindy74

loubi lover
Oct 9, 2009
belgium
Thats what keeping me away from mad marys. I have mary janes from manolo that i cant wear .
I have seen slingbacks that a clobbler made bigger so i think ankle straps can made bigger too but im not sure

savvysgirl

Jul 22, 2008
UK
I personally had this problem with ankle straps but im sure i have read posts from girls saying certain styles straps are quite small. Is there room on the strap to create another hole or is it a case of the strap being extended?

P.S - I'm sure you have perfect ankles so dont think otherwise!

May 31, 2009
I have thin ankles so it's no problem for me! But you should watch out when you wear them! Someone stepped on the back of the shoes and the strap holder ripped off! I wear then as Studded Rolandos but I also want the strap to be fixed to wear the MAD-style.

ellewoods

Sep 29, 2006
NYC
I have thin ankles so it's no problem for me! But you should watch out when you wear them! Someone stepped on the back of the shoes and the strap holder ripped off! I wear then as Studded Rolandos but I also want the strap to be fixed to wear the MAD-style.
Oh no! That's so irritating.

But I am jealous of your thin ankles! I can get the strapped on but they are really uncomfortable. I think it's that they are hitting my ankle at a weird spot and not at the thinnest part.

Aug 31, 2008
My ankle-strap Mads are super tight. I wore them out, thinking that they might stretch and loosen up a bit, and they didn't at all. They're wearable, but I've been thinking of taking them to the cobbler to see if there's anything that can be done.

The other option is to just take the strap off and wear it as a studded Rolando. I've thought about that too. I'm not that into the look of the strap, actually -- it's more functional for me -- so I wouldn't mind doing that.

May 31, 2009
Yeah it is irritating!! I was so angry!! If I had seen the person I would hunt the person down :lol:

I havent brought them to the cobbler yet! Why shouldnt you wear them as studded Rolandos I do so too :biggrin:

ellewoods

Sep 29, 2006
NYC
I do wear them as studded rolandos...but I am falling back in love with the spikey ankle straps and I don't know what to do with them. I guess I could have them put additional black leather in to extend them? I don't really use a cobbler very often so I am not sure what they are able to do.

samhainophobia I am glad to find someone who has the same problem as me. why are the straps so small?!?! it's silly!

SarahC11

Jan 2, 2009
I'm sure you have perfectly normal ankles, so don't worry about that! Sometimes things are just made strangely? I have fairly thin ankles so I don't have this problem except during basketball season where I roll and sprain my ankles a lot! Not such an attractive way to wear my beautiful heels! I would take it to a cobbler to lengthen the strap or something like that! Sorry I'm not very helpful! haha

kett

Jan 27, 2010
Utah
Agreed - you can have skinny ankles and still not fit into some straps. I had that problem with one pair of shoes. I took them to a cobbler and he removed the buckle, added a little elastic and sewed it all back together. They look fantastic and now I can actually wear them. I would totally recommend it.