SUPER EXCITED!!! New-to-me Coffer Bag!!! First Miu Miu!

Jun 9, 2011
Hi ladies,

I'm so excited to join this forum. I stalk consignment shops in Boston on a regular basis, and happened to call on a day when they just got this beauty in. Just scored her for $410 total, which I think is a seriously good deal. It came with an authenticity card, original dustbag, the works. She's in absolutely beautiful condition and I'm SO THRILLED!!!! Miu Miu - where have I been??!!!

I've done some research on the brand and on this style -- on this site and on other websites -- but I still have a few questions, which I hope some knowledgeable folks will be able to give me... :smile:

1) I know this is the "Coffer Bag," but....what is the finish called? It's a calfskin bag, and it has a nice sheen on it, as you can see, but it is NOT a patent leather bag.
2) What is "matelesse"? (Hope I'm spelling that correctly.)
3) What year did this bag first make its appearance?
4) What was the original retail price for the style of bag that I purchased?
5) Tips on care? Based on what I've read, it seems like a bag that holds up really well, but I was wondering if any Coffer owners treated their bags.

Thank you SO MUCH for letting me share, and for any help you might be able to give me. :smile: :smile: :smile: I'm in love with it!!!! :love::loveeyes::nuts::yahoo:

Attachments

• full shot on bed.jpg
    full shot on bed.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 589
  • gorgeous shot of bag at work.jpg
    gorgeous shot of bag at work.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 582
  • back of bag at work.jpg
    back of bag at work.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 594
  • better mod shot in front of mirror.jpg
    better mod shot in front of mirror.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 571
Are you for real? Over 24 hours, about 60 views, and not one response? Is this a quiet forum? Did I just post the ugliest bag out there? Lol. Oh, well. I'm enjoying it and think I got an unbelievable deal. Was hoping to make some new friends here. :/

Hi ladies,

I'm so excited to join this forum. I stalk consignment shops in Boston on a regular basis, and happened to call on a day when they just got this beauty in. Just scored her for $410 total, which I think is a seriously good deal. It came with an authenticity card, original dustbag, the works. She's in absolutely beautiful condition and I'm SO THRILLED!!!! Miu Miu - where have I been??!!!

I've done some research on the brand and on this style -- on this site and on other websites -- but I still have a few questions, which I hope some knowledgeable folks will be able to give me... :smile:

1) I know this is the "Coffer Bag," but....what is the finish called? It's a calfskin bag, and it has a nice sheen on it, as you can see, but it is NOT a patent leather bag.
5) Tips on care? Based on what I've read, it seems like a bag that holds up really well, but I was wondering if any Coffer owners treated their bags.

Thank you SO MUCH for letting me share, and for any help you might be able to give me. :smile: :smile: :smile: I'm in love with it!!!! :love::loveeyes::nuts::yahoo:

This sub forum can be quite quiet and if you are like me and viewing on a phone most of the time, I don't really see new threads, only ones I have already contributed to, unless I purposely go into the Forum.

Your bag is nice and I think you got a good deal.

Matelasse refers to the folding/quilting that you can see on the body of the bag.
The finish is probably 'Vitello' which is a glazed calfskin and used on a lot of Miu Miu bags

Hope that helped.

Oh my gosh, thank you! I appreciate your kind response. :smile: I will check out those other threads. I guess I'm used to livelier forums on tpf, but here you can listen to a pin drop! I'm happy to know it's not me. Thanks again for reaching out. :smile:

Your bag is a miu miu classic and is still on sale in some stores. I saw it in miu miu last week in London. Didn't check price but usually it's more than a thousand pounds so you definitely got urself a bargain. Enjoy wearing it. It looks good on you.

Your bag is a miu miu classic and is still on sale in some stores. I saw it in miu miu last week in London. Didn't check price but usually it's more than a thousand pounds so you definitely got urself a bargain. Enjoy wearing it. It looks good on you.
Oh, thank you!!! :smile: I didn't know it was still on sale in some stores. I'm very happy with it! It's pretty and elegant but has a bit of an edge to it as well.

Hi ladies,

congrats on the find! I'm in Boston and just curious where you found this :biggrin:

Hi! It was at STA (Second Time Around) on Newbury Street in Boston...(I forget which one...there are 3 locations all on Newbury Street...176 Newbury...also 219, and 324, I think! They're also on facebook!) :biggrin:

Thanks! - I have purchased and sold with STA quite a bit. I thought it might be them ;).

Congrats on the find. I hope you are liking it! I just found a pre-loved myself :biggrin:

Heyy,

I also have this bag too! It's a beauty isn't it?!

Mine came with it's original cards (second hand from ebay). The card says the colour is 'Zaffiro' and it had 2007 for the year it was brought out. It was also described as Matelasse Lux which I think is the leather because it's shiny :smile:

Enjoy!