Alexander Wang Super Disappointed...

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
... I got my AW Diego in "Forest" in the mail today and was super disappointed when I opened the box - I'd seen this bag at Barney's in this color + the pictures on ShopBop - it's supposed to be a bright dark/emerald green, and mine is almost black :shucks: It has a smidge of green to it, but is really grayish and unattractive. The tag does say "forest" though.

Does the color on AW bags really differ from bag to bag? I was really excited to receive this bag, but the color is pretty awful.

Last edited:
aww. i'm sorry to hear about that. i saw that bag in forest at barneys and the color did seem to vary but they still looked pretty green in my eyes. maybe you should try contacting shopbops cs to see what they say. if not maybe you can try getting another retailer to pricematch and return yours to shobop?

i just ordered 2 aw bags from shopbop and am still waiting for them to arrive, i asked them to check for the best color and leather, hopefully they didn't brush off my requests.

This is the color I saw and was taken from the ShopBop listing:

2054181160101365693S600x600Q85.jpg

This is the color that I got:

2397401720101365693S600x600Q85.jpg

I just called the Barney's nearest to me (but still an hour+ away) where I first saw it, and they had a Diego in the cut leather - the girl described it as an emerald green over the phone - and did a charge/send. Hopefully I'll have better luck the second time around! And fingers crossed that I like the leather as much!

Last edited:
Barneys has an exclusive Diego in the velvet leather which is more green than the normal forest. I have forest in the regular leather and yes, it is a very dark grey/almost black with a very slight green cast and they are all like that.

Barneys has an exclusive Diego in the velvet leather which is more green than the normal forest. I have forest in the regular leather and yes, it is a very dark grey/almost black with a very slight green cast and they are all like that.

I probably have only seen the Barney's exclusive then, and maybe Shopbob just oversatured their photo - I guess I'll find out when this next one arrives!! :biggrin:

I'm sure the Barney's green will be much brighter. I hope it works out for you. I hate being disappointed in a bag after waiting in anticipation- so I feel your pain. I've seen the "forest" in person, and you're right, it's just about black.

I'm sure the Barney's green will be much brighter. I hope it works out for you. I hate being disappointed in a bag after waiting in anticipation- so I feel your pain. I've seen the "forest" in person, and you're right, it's just about black.

If I hadn't been expecting a bright green, the forest would be lovely - the pebbled leather is so smooshy & nice - it was just disappointing to expect one thing and have something different arrive.

I ordered my forest rocco from forward when they had it and I was worried aswell about the colour, but I guess it was just lucky that I got the green I was expecting. however it does look grey/black in some light.
I've have it for over a month now and the green seems to be coming out more. I usually use a leather cream once a week which turn it into a really nice deep emerald.

i ordered my first AW Darcy bag in grigio (exclusive to shopbop) and i felt disappointed. it was improperly handled (it was folded) and left a permanent "folded" mark on the bag.. :sad:

Sorry to hear about the fold, but most Darcy's are folded (kinda like an empty brown paper bag) at the base when shipped. All my Darcy's have that fold mark on the bag. Is this the one you're referring to or something different? Shopbop isn't the greatest at packaging their items.