super disappointed:( please help

BrookeJ

Aug 4, 2010
So i got up this morning and saw there was a 30% off coupon being handed out at the outlet. SOOO excited. Hurried up and went to my nearest outlet then the next outlet and got a few little things. then i decided i was going to buy the perfume since i have wanted it for awhile. so i got back to the first outlet and buy it. get home spray it and it smells AWFUL!!! i got a sample awhile back so i do like it but this is not the same at all. i told myself maybe my nose is being funny today so i went and found my sample and sure enough the bottle i got is BAD!!! it smells like nasty cheap plastic. i'm so sad. So my question for you ladies is have you ever had this happen to you and did coach correct it for you? i really do not want to drive an hour to exchange it but i don't know if i can exchange it at the fp store.

sorry for the novel but i had to get it out. i was so excited and now :crybaby:

Aww, that's horrible! I guess you got a bad bottle that turned! I have never had this happen but I don't see why they wouldn't take it back you just bought it today! Good luck!

I'm so sad about it. I jut keep smelling it again to make sure and each time it's still just as awful. Do u ladies know if the fp store would exchange it?

I'm so sad about it. I jut keep smelling it again to make sure and each time it's still just as awful. Do u ladies know if the fp store would exchange it?

Sorry to hear about the perfume. I would call the FP store and explain the situation. If they won't exchange it, you can always return it when you next go to the outlet.

Good Luck!

Lynne :biggrin:

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I can't start threads yet and I'm very sad too. :sad: I looked forever for a purse that was pink, small and I found my perfect purse, the pink Carly. Well last night, my sweet boyfriend who had bought me the purse, decided to leave the full icemaker out of the freezer on the counter. Next to my purse. I had an ink pen in there and it has a giant black spot on the outside, and the stitching is black on the top. Any ideas what to do? I tried hairspray but no luck. Thanks for the help!

It is possible for perfume to smell off (and even bad!) I had this happen with a bottle of Estee Lauder Pleasures. Each batch can be slightly off - it's the nature of chemicals.

If the full price store carries the same perfume, you would be able to exchange with a receipt. You would have to call first to find out if they have it in stock and if they would do an exchange. Some policies vary by store.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I can't start threads yet and I'm very sad too. :sad: I looked forever for a purse that was pink, small and I found my perfect purse, the pink Carly. Well last night, my sweet boyfriend who had bought me the purse, decided to leave the full icemaker out of the freezer on the counter. Next to my purse. I had an ink pen in there and it has a giant black spot on the outside, and the stitching is black on the top. Any ideas what to do? I tried hairspray but no luck. Thanks for the help!

Welcome Tasha - my very first post was a new thread (unless the rules have changed?) - I don't have any suggestions on cleaning the ink out of your new bag but there are some threads here about cleaning - try the top sections where they put the 'shopping for x' or 'authenticate this x' kind of threads or do a search and if you don't find anything there then try posting your question in that section and you might get more responses.

Just an update in case anyone was wondering :smile: i took my stinky bottle in and they exchanged it for me with no problems. they kept talking about how the outlets weren't supposed to be selling perfume. kinda made me feel like some sort of tattle tale. so anyways... i take it home and the next morning i go to use it and of course i am super excited. so i get it open and IT's BROKEN!!!! the spray part is not properly attached and it's leaking!!! so i take it back today and they exchanged it again. this time i opened it in store and she was good as new :smile: finally third time is a charm. i was really starting to believe me and that perfume were just not meant to be. Good thing the SA's are usually pretty helpful if not i might have cried a little having to go back yet again.

i'm glad you finally got a good one! that's interesting about how she said outlets aren't supposed to sell perfume because they has been perfume in a couple of my outlets regularly

Just an update in case anyone was wondering :smile: i took my stinky bottle in and they exchanged it for me with no problems. they kept talking about how the outlets weren't supposed to be selling perfume. kinda made me feel like some sort of tattle tale. so anyways... i take it home and the next morning i go to use it and of course i am super excited. so i get it open and IT's BROKEN!!!! the spray part is not properly attached and it's leaking!!! so i take it back today and they exchanged it again. this time i opened it in store and she was good as new :smile: finally third time is a charm. i was really starting to believe me and that perfume were just not meant to be. Good thing the SA's are usually pretty helpful if not i might have cried a little having to go back yet again.

So glad you finally got a good bottle! When I went to my outlet on Black Friday they had tons of perfume there.