SUPER disappointed in this Moncler jacket

I bought this coat new online from Saks, and it came like this right out of the box. I haven't even tried it on. It looks used. Popped stitches, down coming out all over, and marks on the fabric. Obviously I am going to return it. This was a full price item, its not a clearance or an off fifth item. For reference this is the Menthe model.

Has anyone else bought a Moncler jacket? Is this quality I'm to expect? I own other clothing items and shoes from Moncler and never had any issues with them but this is the first jacket. I know Moncler is considered to be overpriced but I'd still return it if it was from North Face and came to me like this. As I really like the designs I am going to try another model (maybe directly from Moncler and not saks) and hope this was a one time instance. If its still a piece of junk I'll look at other brands :sad: Very sad, I was excited to finally get a Moncler jacket and I have the funds now with all of my travel being cancelled.

jBFc7boORGqxYS7lTs7FZg.jpegJ4mVIhyYTV-vk1HEQGliIA.jpegsAJnVVUeQX2mXTd_IFr6oQ.jpegGUC3BlQAR6ev1QY35fm2mQ.jpeg

xxXMWfTLSH6jHzgBDUTWLg.jpeg

xxXMWfTLSH6jHzgBDUTWLg.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: bisousx
I bought this coat new online from Saks, and it came like this right out of the box. I haven't even tried it on. It looks used. Popped stitches, down coming out all over, and marks on the fabric. Obviously I am going to return it. This was a full price item, its not a clearance or an off fifth item. For reference this is the Menthe model.

Has anyone else bought a Moncler jacket? Is this quality I'm to expect? I own other clothing items and shoes from Moncler and never had any issues with them but this is the first jacket. I know Moncler is considered to be overpriced but I'd still return it if it was from North Face and came to me like this. As I really like the designs I am going to try another model (maybe directly from Moncler and not saks) and hope this was a one time instance. If its still a piece of junk I'll look at other brands :sad: Very sad, I was excited to finally get a Moncler jacket and I have the funds now with all of my travel being cancelled.

View attachment 4802807View attachment 4802806View attachment 4802808View attachment 4802811

View attachment 4802805

View attachment 4802809
Definitely should not look like that. I have a Moncler coat and after 2 years of a lot of wear, mine still looks brand new! How that passed QC is beyond me. I’d suggest you call Saks so that they don’t blame you and refuse your return, but in my experience you probably won’t get anyone who will be able to assist you. It seems customer service is outsourced. You should probably put in a written note why you are returning it though just to cover yourself and maybe write a separate letter to President of Saks with those photos as well.

Reactions: Glamorous_girl
Read so much about Saks terrible CS and with the cost of this coat you really need to document everything from receipts, to tracking # when you return or the CS personnel you talk to. I don’t think the CS problem is directly related to the pandemic, it’s just how poor their CS is. I don’t do Saks anymore for this reason. I hope you get your money back. i will not even do an exchange at this point. Too much headache.

Reactions: Glamorous_girl
i have Moncler jackets and vests and they are really well-made, excellent quality. no popped stitches, no feather poking out. i think yours might be a returned jacket. just send it back or exchange for a new one.

I am sure this coat was worn and returned. I looked at it more yesterday before packing it up and it had a STRAW WRAPPER in the pocket. I couldn't even believe it. I am asking for a refund and I will buy another one from Moncler directly. I don't have much experience with saks (except for off fifth) I mainly use Neimans. Neimans was out of stock in my size which is why I used saks. :doh:

Also I noticed this jacket doesn't have the right tag! The first photo is the tag on the jacket...and the second is the tag that all of my Moncler clothing items have come with, so I assume the coats would also have it. I can't believe Saks put this tag on and accepted the return without the original tag. I also wonder if maybe it was swapped with a fake and thats why the quality is so bad?

image0 (3).jpeg

image1 (2).jpeg

Reactions: gelbergirl
omg. Saks should be embarrassed. I have Moncler that are like 3-4 yrs old and they still look perfect.

It is embarrassing! I didn't realize saks had so many issues. I mainly use Neimans. This thing even smells like its been worn. But the straw wrapper in the pocket is unbelievable. I am really hoping they refund it and don't give me a hard time.

Last edited: