Food SUPER BOWL!! Share your favorite JUNK FOOD RECIPES please

Oct 10, 2006
we're having our first small Super Bowl get together(ROOTIN for DA-BEARS):yahoo: ..and I need some good idea's for pig out food...

Please share your recipes..right now all I have planned is the little weinies in BBQ sauce, the usual chips/dip/veggies/dip and of course lots of BEER...But I'd like to get alittle creative and hopefully impress a few friends:graucho:

Spinach Dip (the recipe is on the Knorr Leek Soup box) serve in a hollowed out sourdough bread bowl and serve with either pita chips or even tortilla chips.

Bacon!!! I wrap bacon around lots of things. Wrap a half piece of bacon around a stalk of aspragus and broil.....yum, EVERYONE loves these. I also wrap and broil (or George Foreman or BBQ grill) bacon around scallops, shrimp, and whole water chestnuts. Just be sure to soak any toothpicks or skewers you may use in water overnight so they don't burn while cooking.

I always serve a platter of fresh fruits with some cool whip to dip. So simple and everyone loves it.

Another thing I like making that's so easy and always a hit is a Jello Poke Cake. Prepare a white box cake acording to the directions for a sheet cake, let cool for about a 1/2 hour, then poke holes all over the top of the ckae with a fork about an inch apart. Next mix a small box of Jello with about half the water required and pour over baked cake. Frost with Cool Whip. So good!!!

Have a fun party!!!

One more thing that's cheap and filling is Chili!!! Make a big pot and serve in bowls, with corn chips (Fritos are good here) and top with diced onions, cheddar cheese and/or sour cream. You can also serve the chili over spagetti noodles and top with grated cheddar cheese. Most all of my guy friends and kids LOVE this.

This one is really healthy but tastes SOOOO good and can be served with ANY type of dipping chip

Ingeredients:

1 can of cooked black beans
1 bag of soy cheese (or low fat cheese)
1 jar of salsa (or make your own).

Directions:
Drain water/juice from can of beans and pour into a microwave safe bowl.
Add Cheese and Salsa to bowl.
Microwave for about 2min (stir every 30seconds).

I am not sure about the nutritional info because I got the recipe from Whole Foods one day.

Rotel Dip--

2 cans of Rotel tomatoes with chopped green chilies
2 lbs of Velveeta

Dice Velveeta into cubes, place in a large microwaveable bowl, add the 2 cans of Rotel, and microwave.

Serve with your choice of tortilla chips.

You can also make this in a crockpot.

Potato skins. Bake the potatoes and then scoop them out. Brush with melted butter and put back in for 20 minutes to crisp them up. then put cheese and bacon on them and some green onions. Dip in Ranch or sour cream. My kids beg me to make them all the time!

I 2nd the bacon and shimp, those are delish!

I also like crustinis with mini crabcakes on top: can of crab, mayo, mustard, season to taste, add a dollop of crab mixture on top of slice of french bread, bake and serve.

Warm brie with fig jam on top, yum!