Super annoyed with my seller and Fedex...

alansgail

Feb 15, 2014
So it's been 8 days since I purchased my RM bag for $79.....great deal, right? The bag looks gorgeous in the photos and I can't wait to get it.....if it ever comes!
Seller specified Fedex delivery up front and since I got a great price on the bag I dismissed the inflated $24.09 delivery charge.
However the seller did NOT specify that it was signature only. Why oh why for such an inexpensive item?
So I signed up on Fedex to try to pinpoint my delivery time. It stated between 8:05am and 1:50pm today. So I had to be home hoping it would be delivered.....at 2:30 with no delivery in sight I had to go pick up my dd from school.
Of course when I got home I had a lovely Fedex sticker on my door stating that they had attempted delivery (of course while I was gone, the only time I left my house today). So very annoyed at both my seller and Fedex.
What kind of feedback would you leave if the bag is beautiful but the delivery was a pain in the tush and sig. required was not disclosed up front?
:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

So it's been 8 days since I purchased my RM bag for $79.....great deal, right? The bag looks gorgeous in the photos and I can't wait to get it.....if it ever comes!
Seller specified Fedex delivery up front and since I got a great price on the bag I dismissed the inflated $24.09 delivery charge.
However the seller did NOT specify that it was signature only. Why oh why for such an inexpensive item?
So I signed up on Fedex to try to pinpoint my delivery time. It stated between 8:05am and 1:50pm today. So I had to be home hoping it would be delivered.....at 2:30 with no delivery in sight I had to go pick up my dd from school.
Of course when I got home I had a lovely Fedex sticker on my door stating that they had attempted delivery (of course while I was gone, the only time I left my house today). So very annoyed at both my seller and Fedex.
What kind of feedback would you leave if the bag is beautiful but the delivery was a pain in the tush and sig. required was not disclosed up front?
:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

I don't think you can hold the seller responsible for a delivery time that is on Fedex, IMO..Fedex usually is pretty much on time with delivery
quotes but its obvious they fell short here... It happens
Your seller should have mentioned that the bag would require a signature .. An oversight on her part.( Is this a newbie seller & did you see
any other feedback that would indicate signature oversight or not a good communicator?)
If the bag is in the condition you expect & you are pleased, I'd leave positive feedback without going into too much detail.
Enjoy your bag...

You might be able to have the package sent to a FedEx location and held for you to pick up when convenient. That information is also on the FedEx website under customize delivery options or you can call their toll free number.

Reactions: lulilu and caannie
Sorry you missed the delivery, figures they would come while you were out. Are you able to sign the notice that FedEx left? Another suggestion would be to go onto the website and track the package, then see what options come up for you.

As far as the feedback, if you are pleased with the bag when it arrives, I would leave positive feedback. Missing the delivery, however frustrating it is, doesn't warrant leaving a negative for the seller.

I agree with most of your comments but the fact that the buyer needs to be available to sign for it is a huge inconvenience. That wasn't disclosed until the sale went through and then I found out......I can leave the signed note on my door tomorrow so they'll leave the package without me being home
If there was a tracking number provided to you and you searched the tracking it would have indicated on the website that signature was required.

Yes, of course a tracking # was provided and I was quite surprised (and not in a good way) to see that it was signature confirmation.

Sorry you missed the delivery, figures they would come while you were out. Are you able to sign the notice that FedEx left? Another suggestion would be to go onto the website and track the package, then see what options come up for you.

As far as the feedback, if you are pleased with the bag when it arrives, I would leave positive feedback. Missing the delivery, however frustrating it is, doesn't warrant leaving a negative for the seller.

My issue is with signature confirmation. I know that it would be a deal breaker for many buyers, especially on a not so expensive item. What's the point except for inconvenience to your buyer?

It came while I was out because they missed their window of delivery.....yes, I signed the note and they will leave the package tomorrow. I've spent much more time on the delivery of this package than I have any other. I signed up for their delivery window time frame, etc. (for all the good it did me, lol!)

Missing the delivery, however frustrating it is, doesn't warrant leaving a negative for the seller.
ITA!!
  • Seller specified Fedex delivery up front -- You knew!
  • I dismissed the inflated $24.09 delivery charge -- You admitted
  • However the seller did NOT specify that it was signature only -- Seller doesn't have to specify when the service automatically includes it as does Fedex
  • So I signed up on Fedex to try to pinpoint my delivery time. It stated between 8:05am and 1:50pm today. -- When they give a 6-hour timeframe, that certainly implies it's an ESTIMATE, right?
  • What kind of feedback would you leave if the bag is beautiful but the delivery was a pain in the tush and sig. required was not disclosed up front? -- I'm shocked that you would even consider dinging a seller's feedback for a shipping service you knew was being used, knew the shipping cost up front and unless it's a guaranteed delivery time, estimated delivery times are just that -- ESTIMATED! (If your seller had used Fedex's guaranteed delivery service, you'd have paid a lot more than $25 for shipping!)
Neither the seller nor Fedex knows or cares that you had to pick up DD at school. They don't know your schedule just as you don't know theirs. It was scheduled to be delivered today and it would have been delivered today.

Had the package been delivered while you were gone and you saw that a signature was required and either not obtained or if the Fedex guy signed as a convenience to you, would you have complained? What if it was stolen? Whose fault would that have been?

I agree with most of your comments but the fact that the buyer needs to be available to sign for it is a huge inconvenience. That wasn't disclosed until the sale went through and then I found out......I can leave the signed note on my door tomorrow so they'll leave the package without me being home.
And what if it were to be stolen after they left it? Who would you blame for that?

Reactions: lulilu
And what if it were to be stolen after they left it? Who would you blame for that?

Certainly not my seller.....I have a completely enclosed courtyard with gates, not likely to happen but if it did I certainly wouldn't blame my seller.
ITA!!
  • Seller specified Fedex delivery up front -- You knew!
  • I dismissed the inflated $24.09 delivery charge -- You admitted
  • However the seller did NOT specify that it was signature only -- Seller doesn't have to specify when the service automatically includes it as does Fedex
  • So I signed up on Fedex to try to pinpoint my delivery time. It stated between 8:05am and 1:50pm today. -- When they give a 6-hour timeframe, that certainly implies it's an ESTIMATE, right?
  • What kind of feedback would you leave if the bag is beautiful but the delivery was a pain in the tush and sig. required was not disclosed up front? -- I'm shocked that you would even consider dinging a seller's feedback for a shipping service you knew was being used, knew the shipping cost up front and unless it's a guaranteed delivery time, estimated delivery times are just that -- ESTIMATED! (If your seller had used Fedex's guaranteed delivery service, you'd have paid a lot more than $25 for shipping!)
Neither the seller nor Fedex knows or cares that you had to pick up DD at school. They don't know your schedule just as you don't know theirs. It was scheduled to be delivered today and it would have been delivered today.

Had the package been delivered while you were gone and you saw that a signature was required and either not obtained or if the Fedex guy signed as a convenience to you, would you have complained? What if it was stolen? Whose fault would that have been?

I almost left the Fedex person a note asking them to leave the package in my absence. My front door is very private from the street and behind gates.....it's highly unlikely any package would be stolen. If it had been and I had given the go ahead for them to sign then of course that would have been on me and no one else.

I signed up on their site for the specific time of delivery and expected them to adhere to it, if not then why even offer that service? I stayed as long beyond their time frame as I could then I had to leave. If you are offering that service for your customers then you better well be able to accommodate your customers for the given time frame that you stated. Otherwise you just come off as looking inept.......my time is worth something as well.

Reactions: SkeeWee1908
For future reference, when you are not available during FedEx's ESTIMATED delivery window. Here are your options.

1. Forward package to a nearby FedEx hold location for pick up.
2. Re-route package to a different address (may be business address so someone is there to sign for it).
3. Sign in advance or on the back of the FedEx door tag so signature does not need to be obtained in person during delivery.
4. If I'm not mistaken, some carriers also allow the option of a pre-specific delivery window with an additional fee.

Some options may or may not be available for your address and/or package. If a particular option is not available for you, contact the seller. Shipper usually has more power when it comes to changing stuff on a package that's already in transit.

If the item is good and nothing wrong with it, why not leave a positive feedback for the seller. I'm not sure he/she did anything in this situation to warrant anything less than a positive.

Reactions: Evia
I signed up on their site for the specific time of delivery and expected them to adhere to it, if not then why even offer that service? I stayed as long beyond their time frame as I could then I had to leave. If you are offering that service for your customers then you better well be able to accommodate your customers for the given time frame that you stated. Otherwise you just come off as looking inept.......my time is worth something as well.

From FedEx website:

For FedEx Home Delivery® shipments, we deliver between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday. If your recipient wishes to schedule a specific time frame for delivery, you can select one of our premium service upgrades: FedEx Evening Home Delivery® or FedEx Appointment Home Delivery®.
  • FedEx Evening Home Delivery®. Delivery between 5 and 8 p.m. on the scheduled date of delivery.
  • FedEx Appointment Home Delivery®. We will contact the recipient by phone in advance to schedule the delivery.
Anything other than these two are pretty much just an estimate. And based on experiences, unless you or shipper paid for express or a very specific add on service, don't ever expect any carrier to always come within that delivery window. Both for UPS and FedEx. Even with a paid add on service/upgrade (from my own experience), sometimes they still miss my specified window.

For future reference, when you are not available during FedEx's ESTIMATED delivery window. Here are your options.

1. Forward package to a nearby FedEx hold location for pick up.
2. Re-route package to a different address (may be business address so someone is there to sign for it).
3. Sign in advance or on the back of the FedEx door tag so signature does not need to be obtained in person during delivery.
4. If I'm not mistaken, some carriers also allow the option of a pre-specific delivery window with an additional fee.

Some options may or may not be available for your address and/or package. If a particular option is not available for you, contact the seller. Shipper usually has more power when it comes to changing stuff on a package that's already in transit.

If the item is good and nothing wrong with it, why not leave a positive feedback for the seller. I'm not sure he/she did anything in this situation to warrant anything less than a positive.

The only problem with your scenario is that I WAS available during their estimated delivery window and then some.....at least a half hour past their estimate in fact. Granted this is not the "end of the world" scenario but it is quite annoying and a situation that I don't wish to go through again. As far as I can tell on the Fedex website there is no hard and fast rule that every package HAS TO BE signed for unless I'm missing something.
Here's my take on it........most sellers on ebay do not use Fedex for shipping nor do they expect signature confirmation on less than $100 sales. I did everything (and more) to insure that I would be available to be home for the delivery and Fedex dropped the ball and my seller did not disclose the fact that it was a SC sale. There was really no reason for SC as it was not a high priced item so therefore it was a huge inconvenience for his customer. I see nothing wrong with warning others that this is his method of shipment. It doesn't mean that I would give him a bad feedback rating but it does mean that I would warn his future potential customers of his delivery system in the event it doesn't work for them.