Super 8

moogle

O.G.
Jun 10, 2007
Boyfriend and I saw it last night.
We loved it!!!!
It was better than I thought it would be, and well worth seeing on the big screen. We saw it at an Imax, so it was on a very big screen.

Had fun seeing things from the 70s around in it, since it is set in the late
70s. I graduated from high school in 1977, so I remember so much of it.

Anyone else see it yet?

I couldn't figure out what this was going to be like. it looked almost like 2012 which I did not like. I do love JJ and his ideas.

Edited to add: My bad. I just Wiki'ed the plot. I am disappointed. Just sayin'

I didn't think it was scary at all -- definitely wasn't what I was expecting. It reminded me of the Goonies and an updated ET. I think the characters were great and the story was told well. The ending was kind of anti-climatic but all-in-all, a great adventure type flick.

I can't remember the last time I was in a theater, but it's been many years and I have no plans to change that.

I've seen a few of the TV spots and all I can say is the graphics and effects are absolutely awful. Extremely bad. Obviously fake, fake, fake. Maybe they put the worst of the worst in the TV spots, but if the whole movie is like that I feel sorry for anybody who watches it.

I loved this movie! I just saw it at the IMAX theater last night. It was different than I expected, but great! The characters were wonderful, and it was a great story. I would definitely recommend seeing it.

I loved this movie! I just saw it at the IMAX theater last night. It was different than I expected, but great! The characters were wonderful, and it was a great story. I would definitely recommend seeing it.

I agree. My husband and I both enjoyed the movie. I think we laughed more than we expected, but still a great movie. Not really scary, but very intense at times. A good way for us to spend our afternoon together. It is a movie after all. It's not suppose to be real:P.