Sunset Boulevard in Amerente or...?

tndang

O.G.
Jun 25, 2009
Hi Everyone!!

Sorry in advance for my ramble :smile:

I have been trying to steer away form the site for a little while so I can control my urges to purchase another lv piece. With all the xmas shopping I have done for family and friends, I think I deserve somthing for myself as well! (of course with xmas money and asking my bf to help me out even though I already got a beautiful diamond necklace) haha...

anyway, so I have 2 bags and 2 wallet/coin purse pieces and I am dying for something dressier for work functions, weddings... etc.

I have wanted the sunset boulevard in amarente for a while and my aunt was down today and of course the first thing i see when i walk in is her purse and i was just salivating all over. I LOVE IT!!! So I call my local LVs and of course they are sold out for the moment but they said to call back this week.. so here I am crossing my fingers and toes for it to come asap.

soooo here is my dilemma.
Get the Sunset Boulevard in Amerente? OR

SAVE for the Epi Brea MM in Noir as my purchase next year????

FYI my collection: Damier Speedy 30 - Mono Galliera PM - Mono Zippy Wallet - Damier Coin/Key Holder

(I am only allowed one "big" LV purchase every 2 years.. (tryin to pay off student debt!)

sooooo what do you all think?

BTW HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!! :smile::smile:

I guess it depends on how much use you will get on either of them. I have the Sunset in Amarante and I really love it but it doesn't hold much and is for evening use only. Good Luck!

I have sunset blvd in rouge fauvist ( bought amarante but exchanged it). It really holds very little but has credit card slots inside instead so no bulky wallets. It's not a very practical everyday piece but is, indeed, TDF.

I have the sunset boulevard in pomme and I don't just use it for evening. I've used it for work before with my day dresses. I think the sb is so much of a prettier bag than the brea. The brea is a bit matronly in my opinion. My vote goes for the sunset boulevard :smile:

I would say get the Sunset Boulevard in Amarante just because that color is just soo gorgeous. At the same time I feel that the Epi Brea is more sophisticated and would be more appropriate for work functions and weddings. This is tricky. I think you should decide based on which one you like more.

save for the brea. The sunset boulevard in Amarante shows fingerprints really easily because it is a clutch!! I have the brea GM in electric and it is a fabulous bag!!

I would save for the Brea. I think clutches are a very extravagant purchase unless you will get a lot of good use from them. Well, that's from the practical point of view...If you really want to splurge, then go for Sunset!

I was looking for an evening clutch too. I almost got an eva in mono, but it wasn't flashy enough. I already have a speedy in mono and wanted something different. I decided on the amarante sunset and now I can't find it anywhere and Louis says its out of stock nation wide booo. Does anyone know how long it take for Louis to restock sold out items?

Subset is pretty but will you be using it much? If you do, then go for it. If not, you may want to get the brea that you can use more frequently, on rotational basis with you damier speedy and galliera. But of course the other school of thought is you already have two good everyday bags, it's nice to invest in a special occasion beauty. Your call, really! Happy deciding!