Sunscreen that doesn't cause breakouts?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I hate the summer...but only because if I put anything with SPF on my face I break out like the Rocky Mountains. I've tried neutrogena products, Aveeno, Bare Minerals sunscreen powder, Vichy...all with no luck. Is anyone in the same situation as me? Any suggestions? I don't care about the price. I just want to be able to go to the beach and NOT look like a zit covered lobster!

2. What is your skin type? I am also acne prone and always looking for a HG sunscreen too. So far I find Clarins UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40 very gentle and does not break me out at all. It won't make my skin very oily or dry.. Quite comfortable indeed. And it is a physical sunscreen so no chemicals. It is quite expensive but since you don't mind the price, maybe you can give it a try.

3. See if you can get your hands on Sunsense Low Irritant Matt Finish sunscreen. It's great for those with very sensitive skin as it has no perfumes or synthetic UV absorbers. It's one of the top selling brands here in Australia, the skin cancer capital of the world.

4. have you tried the Peter Thomas Roth powder?

5. I'm going to have to check these out...sounds good! I appreciate the helpful suggestions. My skin is combination--oily t zone, dry cheeks. I am fair skinned so I need sunscreen thats for sure. Evn at 33, I have severely acne prone skin. I can keep it under control if I avoid lotions, creams, etc. Serums don't bother my skin.

6. i kno lancome makes one and clarins has good sun protection products i would go off these two brands

7. I have combo skin, too, and hate feeling greasy from sunscreen. This is what I have used & I love it.

If you want a powder formula that's super easy to apply and effective, try Colorescience:

http://www.dermstore.com/product_Sunforgettable+Brush+SPF+30_4688.htm

(Worth every penny!!!! But only get the clear if you are EXTREMELY fair).

I also like these by Dermalogica (I use the first one):

Oil Free:
    http://www.dermstore.com/product_Oil+Free+Matte+Block+SPF+20_7460.htm

Sensitive Skin:
    http://www.dermstore.com/product_Super+Sensitive+FaceBlock+SPF+30_7461.htm

GL! :smile:

8. Oh I'm definitely gonna get one of those powdered sunscreens! Thanks for the suggestions girls :smile:

9. I have the SAME problem as you. sisheido, lancome, vichy, NONE worked.

but la roche posay DID!!!! :heart:

10. I use shiseido and don't get breakouts from that

11. cetaphile facial moisterizer SPF 50

12. i like the Clarins UV spf 40 that someone recommended above, but my skin is dry and not acne prone, so i don't know for sure if you'd like it too. but i think it's great.

13. Anthelios is top notch and they do have various spf..and come into different

formulas..gel, creme, lotion

14. I second Shiseido and haven't gotten any breakouts. I have pretty oily skin too.