Sunny yellow small flap- yay or nay?

Jul 19, 2010
Hi everyone,
I’m looking for something colourful, unique and fun. I like yellows and greens, but not really into the neon tones. I really want the mini top handle in the iridescent green but I also like other seasonal pieces. My SA sent me this as I was inquiring- I’m definitely intrigued by this piece. What do you all think? The Lambskin worries me a bit but I love the multicolour chains and the buttercup yellow tone. It’s from 21P. I also attached other neon bag for reference. 498CD96F-D0BA-447B-A41D-EE05A3A54D65.jpeg

A1DE59F2-DE87-4D9C-8F8F-13AEFFF33D59.jpeg

CCC8435A-0DFC-4427-887E-FC90DED7BF4C.jpeg

I was tempted to buy the first one you posted. It’s just so fun to look at the multicoloured chains.
But I ended up buying this one from the cruise collection, also in pale yellow.
since I wear more patterns in summertime,I thought a plain one is easier to style.

please let us know if you’re going for the multicoloured chain one. It’s just Gorgeous.

Attachments

• 9CDB9855-AC26-49A2-9EFF-4BC7E807A4E6.jpeg
    9CDB9855-AC26-49A2-9EFF-4BC7E807A4E6.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: Marlee and Pchul
I was tempted to buy the first one you posted. It’s just so fun to look at the multicoloured chains.
But I ended up buying this one from the cruise collection, also in pale yellow.
since I wear more patterns in summertime,I thought a plain one is easier to style.

please let us know if you’re going for the multicoloured chain one. It’s just Gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing! Funnily enough I was actually trying to see if I could get your style as well- do you have a picture of the top handle not being held, just hanging naturally down on bag? Beautiful piece and congrats!!!

My SA had 2 of the pale yellow chain bags- the first one has the better colours on the front, with the green and orange, whereas the new one in the back has the yellow and red instead. The first one isn’t as fresh since it’s been handled and has a small mark on turnlock closure. And both of them have these 2 little tiny black dots/marks on the back

So as much as I like this bag, I’m not sure what to do. Would the black dots and slight scuff on CC turn piece be a deal breaker to you?

I want something fun and colourful in a green or yellow, but I’m in no rush. I do prefer dark green such as the one that just came out on the mini top handle, and I see a dark green is coming out for 21A.

I’ve attached the front and back of both bags for reference

3D41A477-127B-4765-86DC-97B0052B1EC1.jpegBD536B2E-D878-457C-8BFD-DAC36C5E3473.jpegB0A56FC0-77EF-45C9-9BA1-8F18E8E6CA72.jpegCD27C854-F48F-47F9-BCCA-B6360748A818.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pchul
Thank you for sharing! Funnily enough I was actually trying to see if I could get your style as well- do you have a picture of the top handle not being held, just hanging naturally down on bag? Beautiful piece and congrats!!!

My SA had 2 of the pale yellow chain bags- the first one has the better colours on the front, with the green and orange, whereas the new one in the back has the yellow and red instead. The first one isn’t as fresh since it’s been handled and has a small mark on turnlock closure. And both of them have these 2 little tiny black dots/marks on the back, which she said are attributed to the items being hand dyed- “ It’s like diamonds- there’s specs sometimes when they are deep dyeing but doesn’t affect the quality” is what she told me. This is true, but it does affect the appearance of the colour as the material is dyed and they evidently missed a spot. Not an issue of the bag quality but an issue of overall aesthetic it seems.

She also mentioned that the bags in the future will no longer be coming with protective plastic over the CC hardware. Apparently this is how they will come now. However, for this much money, I would rather not pick up a bag that already has a scratch on the turnlock. If it’s going to happen, I’d rather wait and scratch it myself I think.

So as much as I like this bag, I’m not sure what to do. The version I prefer (orange and green on the front featured chains) is the more flawed one with no plastic, and the new one isn’t my preferred colours in the front, and then there’s the black dots on each of them. Would the black dots and slight scuff on CC turn piece be a deal breaker to you?

I want something fun and colourful in a green or yellow, but I’m in no rush. I do prefer dark green such as the one that just came out on the mini top handle, and I see a dark green is coming out for 21A.

I’ve attached the front and back of both bags for reference

View attachment 5072479View attachment 5072480View attachment 5072481View attachment 5072482
I saw this bag at the boutique. It’s really beautiful, I was really tempted but I already have two yellow bags and I prefer silver hardware with yellow.

I saw this bag at the boutique. It’s really beautiful, I was really tempted but I already have two yellow bags and I prefer silver hardware with yellow.
Im still thinking about it even, the multicolour colour chains are so beautiful. I just wish that display model was a bit more pristine

I think I’m going to wait and see what 21A or B has to offer in fun pieces

Reactions: Pchul