Sunnies turned into prescription sunglasses... SUCCESS!

CoachObsession

LOVE is a decision..
Jun 12, 2009
Hey ladies,

Just wanted to let you all know that I finally had my Coach Samantha sunglasses "retrofitted" with prescription lenses and it was a success. They were not able to match the rosey tint but I requested gradient gray lenses and they are perfect. It is a joy to wear my favorite sunnies and see perfectly with them!!! So, all of you that have been wondering if it can be done; go for it!

Attachments

• IMG_5481.JPG
    IMG_5481.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 125
Can I ask do you have a mild presecription....mine is pretty high like -6.50....I am thinking they would not be able to do this with mine....happy for you though!

Can I ask do you have a mild presecription....mine is pretty high like -6.50....I am thinking they would not be able to do this with mine....happy for you though!
You can but ONLY if it's a really straight across frame. I'm a -4.50 and I've tried so many times to get sunglasses but I'm always told the same thing. Unless I get a frame that is completely straight and flat across, it's not possible because of the way the lense would have to curve. And a curve lens isn't possible with such a thick prescription, unless you don't care about the lens seriously sticking out the front.

I do. If you can get your prescription on the standard width lenses, I am sure you can get whatever prescription you need. If the glass needs to be thicker, they may not be able to do it. Don't get discouraged, try!