Sunglasses and RX lenses

deem0nessa

O.G.
Jan 7, 2009
Has anyone purchased sunglasses and had them fitted with prescription lenses? Just curious because I wear glasses and not contacts....

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I just buy/order them thru my optometrist - they sell Chanel, Gucci, etc . . . and he just has tinted lenses w/ my prescription put in them.

halohalo

Nov 27, 2008
Has anyone purchased sunglasses and had them fitted with prescription lenses? Just curious because I wear glasses and not contacts....
If you don't wear contacts because your eyes get dry easily, I really recommend Acuvue Oasys. My eye used to be so dry that the contact lenses popped out after an hour of wearing, and the pain, of course, was unbearable. Now I can even sleep with my contact lenses on.

nordia5

<3
Apr 11, 2008
You can sometimes do that, but eyeglass places can't put a prescription in all sunglasses you buy. I would but it through your eyeglass place

mlisaac

O.G.
Feb 18, 2008
Bronx, NY
I've purchased sunglasses at Nordstrom Rack and Neiman Marcus Last Call and had them fitted with prescription lenses at an optometrist. Just avoid sunglasses with huge lenses and I think you should be fine.