Sunfall77's bag collection

Your bags are all beautiful. I love all your LV choices and your nina ricci tote looks so practical and pretty... but that shearling tote takes the cake. The swappable liner is WOW... Did you make both of those liners? Perfect color and fabric selections. :tup:

Thank you ! I did make the two colorful liners for the Staud shearling tote. I actually have a few more planned with other prints too but haven't had time yet to make them up yet !

Next up is maybe the most expensive bag in my collection, my Celine belt bag in light taupe, micro size. I had lusted after this one for at least a few years and then when the Philo transition was happening it was rumored this bag might be discontinued. I thought it'd be hard to find one later preloved in a light color and good condition so I pulled the trigger and purchased new. I was heavily pregnant at the time and justified it to myself as a treat - but boy I did feel bad about the price tag ! For a long time it sat on my desk for me to admire, too scared to take it out and wear. Now that it's been a few years I just wear and enjoy

I did get a custom strap made that was shorter so I could wear it on the shoulder instead, similar to the mini size. I like it better that way over crossbody for this shape, as I find that it juts out a bit too much for crossbody.

IMG_20210501_114412.jpg
IMG_20210308_164454__01.jpg

I've owned quite a number of Celine belt bag lookalikes, including the Botkier Lennox convertible backpack (sold) and bags from Senreve, one of which I still own. This one is the mini Maestra in a limited edition chestnut and python embossed version. I thought it was wildly expensive when it first came out but I recently was able to snag one at a deep discount pre-loved. I think the python and chestnut contrast looks so great and I appreciate the thick, luxurious, and organized lining inside ! I did own a Maestra in the original largest side but found it to be not quite the right size for work. I think the mini will be a good travel bag and more carefree alternative to the Celine.

IMG_20210502_131836.jpg

Next up I'll go through my Chloe collection, roughly in order of acquisition. I am an unabashed Chloe fan. I love the quality of the bags, the leathers, and the hardware. I think the style is feminine, cool, and unique. I know they're known for putting out "it" bags that are too "trendy" and don't stand the test of time, so they say. But I think if I love a bag, I won't care if 3 years later it's discontinued and nobody else is carrying it anymore, as long as I still love it.
I had always admired them from afar, ever since I fell in love with the Paraty as a student. Then when I became in a position to actually afford Chloe, the style I fell in love with at that time was the Faye.

I went for the Faye backpack style, shown here in the largest size (medium) which was discontinued in favor of the small (slightly smaller) and mini. I liked the versatility of carrying it as a backpack and on the shoulder as a bucket bag. I liked that zips that opened up to expand the bag, somewhat reminiscent of the Pashli bag by Phillip Lim. I liked the suede / leather contrast, as I'm a sucker for suede and texture. And I liked the jewelry-like hardware. I thought it would be good for traveling, chic enough to look good in photos but practical to carry even when heavy with water bottle, snacks, umbrella, etc. Indeed this bag has gone on a few memorable trips and hikes with me!
IMG_20210505_134755.jpg
IMG_20210505_134943.jpg
In carrying, there are a few things that sort of annoy me. While I loved the unique look of the hardware, in reality it is heavy and noisy, so that every time I take a step my bag jangles! And, the chain has a tendency to pull the flap to one side so that naturally the flap always wants to sit crookedly, as you can see in the picture. Finally, it's not really easy to remove the backpack straps so when doing shoulder carry, the backpack straps kind of hang out there awkwardly.
But, I do think it sits well on the body when worn and serves its purpose for when I want to be hands free. I do have the Senreve Mini Maestra now though (acquired later) so am debating whether these two bags fulfill the same niche and I should sell the Faye ?? I'm not quite ready to let it go yet though.

Next up is my family of Chloe Tess bags. When the original Tess came out I wasn't feeling it too much because I didn't like the round Drew shape. But when the mini Tess Day bag came out I just had to have it ! The hardware is even more beautiful than the Faye and plus no annoying chain pulling on the flap. The shape is so darn cute and ladylike. The leather is amazing, just as Chloe leather always is.
The mini Tess Crossbody is so cute too, so I have that as a phone holder to keep my phone on me when the diaper bag is holding all the kiddie things on the stroller. The chain can detach off of the mini crossbody too, and it can be worn as a belt bag also because of the loop on its back. Both bags are in Motty Grey, a color I've been lusting after since I got my Faye Backpack. IMG_20210508_132956.jpg

And finally, I get to my Chloe Paraty collection. This was one of the first designer bags I ever fell in love with but it was so so out of reach at the time. Earlier this year I bought my first one, medium size in Rock in pretty much brand new condition and immediately was hooked. I kind of went crazy tracking them down in the pre-loved market and got the large size in lambskin with the front pocket (I think this was called the "Capsule" collection), then the nude/blush one in lizard emboss. Both of those were gently used and in lovely condition. Now today my holy grail, the black python Paraty arrived and it is nearly brand new as well. ::swoon:: ahhh ! Okay it's a little crazy but I figure if the influencers can show off their rows and rows of Chanel classic flaps in different colors why can't I collect Paraty bags ? Of course, they will not appreciate in value but I pretty much got them all for less than the price of one and I will love them forever. They are the perfect size for a daily bag, and just look so good on the body. I like their semi-slouchy shape with the faux-structure of the piping. I think they look ladylike and architectural at the same time. Nobody wears them now so they are unique. To my eye they are simple enough that they don't look dated. Dare I say it...I think I'm nearing purse peace ?

IMG_20210508_132604.jpg

I know I said I was nearing purse peace but, umm, I bought another bag. Buying preloved is addictive. I was craving a an embroidered bag, and really wanted a Valentino Candy Stud bag with the anemone pattern, which I missed out on when it was released. Then I stumbled on this beautiful embroidered bag on Fashionphile for an amazing price and couldn't pass it up.
It's a Valentino Glam Lock bag with Japanese bird embroidery. I think the front is printed leather with embroidery and beading throughout. The back and sides are a super soft black lambskin. It's a stunning work of art ! It's missing a few tiny beads but I'm not complaining

IMG_20210520_164517.jpg
IMG_20210520_164544.jpg
IMG_20210520_164539.jpg

I know I said I was nearing purse peace but, umm, I bought another bag. Buying preloved is addictive. I was craving a an embroidered bag, and really wanted a Valentino Candy Stud bag with the anemone pattern, which I missed out on when it was released. Then I stumbled on this beautiful embroidered bag on Fashionphile for an amazing price and couldn't pass it up.
It's a Valentino Glam Lock bag with Japanese bird embroidery. I think the front is printed leather with embroidery and beading throughout. The back and sides are a super soft black lambskin. It's a stunning work of art ! It's missing a few tiny beads but I'm not complaining

View attachment 5088787
View attachment 5088788
View attachment 5088789
That is completely gorgeous! I love embroidery :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reactions: Sunfall77