Sunfall77's bag collection

Lately I've been lusting after a green bag, like a nice rich deep green. I don't know why, as it's not a favorite color and not well-represented in my wardrobe at all. With such a striking color I wanted to play it safe with a vintage option that wasn't too expensive. When I saw this Chloe Paraty in a beautiful emerald green I knew it would scratch that itch!
Now I have even more (way too many) Chloe Paraty bags.

View attachment 5805759

I have to figure out how to style such a green bag ...
I love everything about this bag!!

Reactions: Sunfall77
Here's another bag that I've waited years to purchase: the Coach borough bag in grey suede! It's a "large soft borough" and I wanted it so much when it was released. I fondled it in the boutique. I was a student, and it was $1200 and it never went on sale so, alas, it was not in the cards for me. I did use an XL soft borough in oxblood for awhile, because that did go on sale, but it was too big for me and I eventually sold it. Here's my grey suede borough, for the amazing $249 price, in basically new condition.

20231013_214940.jpg

20231013_214952.jpg

I love the sumptuous suede, I love the leather interior which is just the backside of the suede, and the size is perfect for a laptop. I love that I can carry it by shoulder strap, by hand, and as a tote with the two handles over the shoulder. I love the minimal design which seems very classic and quiet luxury to me. I do think I'd miss a zip closure but it's not a dealbreaker. It's not too heavy for a bag this size either!
It's been almost a decade waiting but I've finally got it in my collection.

Haven't checked this thread for some time. Love your additions! One can never really have too many bowling bags, IMO. The green Chloe - that is such a unique color, not the easiest to wear, yes, but it's really an eye catcher. The suede Coach tote is such a total steal, you got an unbelievable deal. Amazing bag. :tup:

Reactions: Sunfall77
A couple of new fun additions this fall, at least the ones I've taken pictures of.

Hermes herbag 31 in reversible purple and pink. 😍😍 It's been two months but I have only taken it out once. Tbh struggling a little to style it / fit it into my lifestyle but the colors!!! I just love both colors.

20231014_092411.jpg
20231014_093303.jpg
20231014_161606.jpg

And then a more practical little thingie, I guess an SLG / purse hybrid, this Poppy Barley 4-in-1 wristlet. It's juuuuust big enough for my plus sized phone, but plenty of room for card holder AND my keys due to triple compartment construction. Comes with wristlet strap, long leather crossbody, long chain crossbody too. But pictured here with my own short chain strap. Tucks nicely into bigger bags but then can come out on its own.

20231230_091112.jpg
20231230_091132.jpg20231230_091237.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Bagatha Christie
And a couple more new-to-me bags and brands this fall.

The Strathberry Multrees wallet on a chain in black croc. Snagged during 25% off site wide Black Friday sale. Everyone seems to have about Strathberry's quality for price and I do agree - this wallet is lovely!! Really beautifully made, a gorgeous croc-embossed leather, satisfyingly strong snap closure, beautiful leather interior with thoughtful design. Zipper pocket holds cash, and the zip is very smooth. There are many card slots. Unlike most WOC, the card slots are on the front interior surface of the bag, facing "backwards" which at first I thought was weird but after wearing it makes so much more sense !! When you are wearing the wallet on the chain, all the cards are then facing you, much more convenient. Alas, this fits either my plus size phone or my keys/fob, but not both.

20231231_134309.jpg

Next up, we have the Vestirsi Margot bag. Vestirsi is a small Australian brand I've been wanting to try for some years. The focus is on nice leather but at affordable prices. When they came out with the Margot, which I admit is a shameless dupe of the Bottega padded cassette bag, I had to give it a try. Took ages to decide on a color because the light ones are so pretty too, but settled on plain versatile workhorse black. It does smell divine and seems well made. The interior is microsuede (not real suede). Comes with a crossbody and a chain strap which is surprisingly hefty. Some main differences to the padded cassette are size, as it's smaller, and the type of leather, which is pebbled and therefore not as shiny and buttery as the actual padded cassette, which seems to me to be more like lambskin. That's fine with me - at 10% the price, for such a trendy silhouette, I think that's perfectly good! I wouldn't hesitate to get another Vestirsi bag if another design caught my eye. Or one of the light colored Margot bags....😁

20231231_134229.jpg

Unboxing Campomaggi!! The last bag of the season.
Campomaggi is a brand I've had my eye on for a long time thanks to TPF discussions of how good the leather is. Most of the styles are a little bit too studded and too boho for me, but when I recently browsed the site I saw this bag, appropriately titled "Minimal". The only bit of studding is on the back around the Campomaggi logo patch which is classic to the brand and I feel not too much at all!

When I opened the box today the smell of that leather was INTENSE! This is no joke - thick, full-grained vegetable-tanned leather. It's tumbled already so it's soft and smooshy. Here's a bag that looks beautiful and elegant and I do not have to baby it for work. Also, it's very lightweight for a full grain leather tote of its size - only 3.0 lbs by my bathroom scale.

20240104_145219.jpg
20240104_145236.jpg

There were a few surprises. One was that it has a full length padded laptop compartment inside ! Fits my surface pro 9 nicely.

20240104_145349.jpg

Another surprised was the inclusion of an adjustable shoulder/crossbody strap, which wasn't pictured on the website at all. I thought that was going to be a con and was prepared to live with the tote straps only since they looked to be long enough to go over the shoulder. Now I can have both!

20240104_145507.jpg

I really like the way the shoulder strap attaches, which is on the sides of the bag on the inside. Tried to take a picture of the rivet attachment there. You can take the strap off or you can neatly tuck it inside the bag. AND, the attachment on both sides is towards the "back" of the bag, not one front/one back which most bag designs have which causes the load to fall lopsidedly. I hate that, and this is so much better.

To be honest I had my eye on the Metier Private Eye tote for the longest time but this bag captures the "look" of that one at 1/7th the price. Of course the style is less refined, more rough and ready, but that has its own charm and as I said, you don't have to baby this bag. Some ways I like this design even more are the tote straps long enough to go over the shoulder and the crossbody strap attachments not being lopsided, as I mentioned. This bag isn't quite as organized as the Metier - the front pocket is
unlined and the interior has few pockets other than laptop and phone pocket. That's ok with me I think. The lining is also quite a thin cotton which might be more prone to wear and tear too - we'll have to see.

20240104_151207.jpg

20240104_151241.jpg

I purchased direct from Campomaggi website and it shipped fast to the US with DHL express. I did have to pay some import duties though. The 10% welcome discount for signing up to their email list helped, and also not charged sales tax.

And with that, bags for the 2023 come to an end and I think I need to put myself on a ban for the whole year...or maybe 6 months...or maybe just until I sell a few of my older bags to make room...ahhh

Reactions: Katrna
Ok just kidding about that ban. I picked myself up a vintage Celine macadam crossbody...
What with the triomphe canvas returning in the new designs I was on the lookout for a vintage version. I was looking for a black leather / black macadam canvas bag as I like that color way better, but then stumbled across this one....
20240122_164602.jpg

Just look at that cutie ! The shape and design feels still kinda modern and not too dated IMHO. I like the leather piping detail down the center flap. The closure has a small logo and is conveniently designed.

Also I'm a sucker for the accordion fold design.

20240122_164647.jpg

20240122_164749.jpg

The main areas of wear are with the hardware, which is mostly not gold colored anymore. I took off quite a bit of tarnish with some metal polishing cream. Of course, there is some wear to the leather as well but it just feels like a nice vintage patina.

As this isn't a precious bag it'll be great for traveling I think. I might still look for a black canvas macadam piece but I'm pretty sure this specific model wasn't made in that color way before (at least I couldnt turn up any old pictures of a black version). So maybe a different design in black 😁