Sundresses and Boots

sep

Live-Luv-Shop-Repeat
Nov 19, 2007
The Sundress (dressy or casual) is my favorite apparel item... and the Boot is my favorite type of shoe... Is there any way to wear them together and not look silly?

I think it depends on what style of sundress and what style of boots you prefer.
I could see more of a shift dress with mid-calf boots like the one jfhave posted, or I could see a thin strap dress with white or beige booties.
Also, adding a little shrug or summer jacket can change up a look, and a sundress under something like that would look good with a wider variety of boots.

Like others have said, it depends on the dress and the boots. I love wearing dresses with boots. I have some black slouchy flat boots and turquoise cowboy boots that go really well with some of my more fitted mini-dresses. Anything too flowy might look a little odd.

I see it as more of a transitional look for spring or fall as opposed to a dog-days of summer look. Of course, anytime you are covering the dress with a jacket or sweater it also makes it easier to pair with boots.