Sunday reveal... Mixed emotions! I'm not sure - need your help!

Boyoverboard, sorry you had to deal with this not-so-good experience! Just wanted to let you know, there is a Musette GM on ebay (US) that is decently priced (with a decent buyout!) and looks MUCH better! Maybe you could check that one out?

Hope you get your money back asap! :smile:

Thank you all for your help. I feel a whole lot better just having your support! For a little while I thought I had been overreacting because the cracks are quite small, but as some of you have said, they'll only get bigger - and most importantly, the seller mentioned none of this in the item listing.

I emailed the seller this morning and am still awaiting a reply, but I'm just going to file with PayPal right now, just to keep myself right.

The seller sent the item to me via recorded/signed-for delivery but I know that the method she used does not cover the value of the item. It only covers up to £40-something, I believe, and I paid £150 for the bag. I'm wondering if I should return it via the same method she used or if I should pay the extra and get it insured properly - but if an item is significantly not as described, am I actually expected to cover the return postage costs?! And should I get my full payment back including original postage costs?
Usually you are responsible for the shipping costs. It sucks but I've had it happen to me.

Boyoverboard, sorry you had to deal with this not-so-good experience! Just wanted to let you know, there is a Musette GM on ebay (US) that is decently priced (with a decent buyout!) and looks MUCH better! Maybe you could check that one out?

Hope you get your money back asap! :smile:

Thank you! Once I get this sorted and have my money back, I will start looking at other Musettes. I just wish it was still available from LV directly. But I'll be much more careful this time!

This seller has 100% feedback, in the 200s, by the way. Just goes to show that even seemingly honest sellers try their hand at flogging off goods in poor condition with an inaccurate description! Disappointing.

Congrats on your find.

I, however, would return it. The seller did not disclose the smell and the repair. That, to me, is unacceptable. If you decide to return it, let us know what happens! =]

This is really starting to stress me out.

After emailing me to tell me that she would accept the bag for a refund, I have been waiting since last night for the seller to send me her address so that I can send the bag back to her.

She has just sent me this (at 9.30pm, 24 hours after her last message to me stating she would accept it for a refund):

"Good evening, you have in your possession an original Louis Vuitton bag, which i listed as used, however in good condition, which the bag is, hence the price you paid £155, other louis vuitton bags are being sold as used for £ 300, a new one would cost in the region of £500, which was the price i paid, therefore you have a bargain, the strap to my knowledge has not been restitched as you previously stated, and the canvas is hardwearing, with no cracks as you have stated.
However as a sign of good will i will accept a refund, but i am not prepared to incur all postage charges, as my description was accurate (check my feedback)for all items sold
You bought a used bag, but appear to want a brand new one at a fraction of the price!
If you wish still to return, i will still accept, but as already stated not to incur over £10 worth of postal charges as well
Kind regards"

Is this seller really trying to tell me that I am lying, regarding the condition of the bag? And denying that it has been stitched unprofessionally?! I have emailed her back outlining my disappointment and reminding her that the condition of the bag was absolutely not represented accurately in her description. I have also emailed her close-up photographs of the cracks and the stitching.

I'm starting to panic that I will end up stuck with this bag, or that the seller will claim it was not in this condition when she sent it to me. She still has not responded to the PayPal dispute in PayPal's resolution centre - she's only contacted me through email and eBay messaging.

What should I do? I'm waiting for her reply to my current message. I would like to speak with someone from eBay but as far as I know in the UK there is no phone support or even live online chat.

File a complaint with Ebay, and e-mail her the photo's you posted here. Maybe get someone to vouch for the appearance of the bag too, do this all quickly and let her know that you expect full refund. Perhaps, you can just no bother with the shipping (not worth the hassle). I would also not give her positive feedback - so other buyers can see that.

^ GabLVoesvuitton, thank you for your opinion. Initially, I thought the bag wasn't in such a bad condition either, but the more I look at it, I just don't want it anymore.

Ultimately, the seller did not mention or include pictures of these cracks (or the dodgy stitching) and I didn't want a bag in this condition.

Still no word back from the seller. I'm still awaiting her address for returning the bag. If I don't hear back by tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to escalate the PayPal dispute to a claim.

so sorry this happened, but definitely RETURN IT!
Its not very good condition at all
tsk, you werent expecting a new bag! you were expecting a good condition used bag.. not a disgusting one!
yes from afar it looks ok but when you see the cracks and home done stitching.. it looks like its been to war
file a claim with paypal and you have the pictures to prove it!
good luck, i hope it all works out for you!
dont be scared to buy a used bag again though, i have purchased beautiful ones!

Last edited:
OP, why don't you try posting over on the TPF ebay forum? The experts over there are really helpful and they've seen it all. They know the best steps to take with ebay, paypal, and difficult sellers. You may not have to escalate your dispute though, since you have it in writing that the seller is willing to give you a refund. You may have to suck up the postage and overlook the seller's nasty comments and play nice until you get your money back. Then leave some scorching feedback!

Thank you, enamored. I will try asking about this in the eBay forum.

Still no message back from the seller - still don't know as much as her address to return it.

OP, why don't you try posting over on the TPF ebay forum? The experts over there are really helpful and they've seen it all. They know the best steps to take with ebay, paypal, and difficult sellers. You may not have to escalate your dispute though, since you have it in writing that the seller is willing to give you a refund. You may have to suck up the postage and overlook the seller's nasty comments and play nice until you get your money back. Then leave some scorching feedback!