Sunburst Starburst Stam

xi_captain

Mika Luv!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2006
Sorry for the totally uncreative title. I really tried to think of a more interesting and creative title but Starburst is the best I could think of :shrugs:. Since I saw the Sunburst Stam at Saks, I'm convinced that it has to be my next new MJ (though the Daydream Hobo is still a veryclose #2, and that's why I STILL haven't made a decision:sad:).

Anyway, can any of you MJ girls help me with the following q's?

1) What other colors are available?
2) Where can I find this other than Saks and the boutique?

Most importantly, would you pick this Stam over the Daydream Hobo? I don't own any Stam yet and can only afford one.

If this info is available in any of the other threads, I apologize and I would appreciate it if you can point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance for all your help/opinions!:heart:

0470803826860_275x275.jpg

I love the sunburst stam! If I had to chose I would chose the stam in the grey/olivey color you have pictured. Iluvmybags has it and it's GORGEOUS!!!! As far as colors/avail,that I can't help with off hand..I know the boutiques carry them, but i haven't seen them anywhere else.

I don't want to get your hopes up in case it's not there anymore, but there was a gray sunburst stam on ebay a couple days ago. I think there was a $999 BIN.

I might be totally making this up, but I think the MJ boutiques have leather lined sunburst stams.

iluv has the boutique so cool version, but you'd be getting the lambskin one, right? i love that bag. i saw it irl and it was just hypnotically gorgeous. almost convinced myself i could do with another grey bag even though that's really the last thing i need.

it sounds like you're besotted with the stam, so get it, but be warned, it seems rather delicate. a couple of people who have seen it irl have told me that there always seems to be nicks in the frame. there might be a kisslock alignment problem that's causing it to hit the leather? you might have to baby it a little bit, but i know you take more than good care of your mj stuff. be sure you choose one in person, so you can inspect it for flaws.

i think i'm still going to try and get the orchid one during the nordstrom sale. despite its fragility, it's so beautiful and i can't get it out of mind.

^I'd be getting the lambskin one. It really is so beautiful. Trust me, I'm not a Stam girl and I was just floored by this beauty. I'm concerned with the kisslock alighnment but you're right I'm very obsessive compulsive with my stuff so I don't think the delicate lambskin will be a problem.

What orchid one are you talking about? Do you have pics? I don't recall seeing any Sunburst Stams at Nordies.... And yes, I think you should definitely try to score one on sale. I am so excited about this bag!

I don't want to get your hopes up in case it's not there anymore, but there was a gray sunburst stam on ebay a couple days ago. I think there was a $999 BIN.

I might be totally making this up, but I think the MJ boutiques have leather lined sunburst stams.

they do have leather lined versions, but those stams are made with so cool leather. if you're not a fan then the department store versions, which are lambskin and canvas lined are the perfect alternative.

^I'd be getting the lambskin one. It really is so beautiful. Trust me, I'm not a Stam girl and I was just floored by this beauty. I'm concerned with the kisslock alighnment but you're right I'm very obsessive compulsive with my stuff so I don't think the delicate lambskin will be a problem.

What orchid one are you talking about? Do you have pics? I don't recall seeing any Sunburst Stams at Nordies.... And yes, I think you should definitely try to score one on sale. I am so excited about this bag!

it's the same as the saks version only the color is a lilac grey instead of a true light grey. there are pics from the ebay listing. i'd post them for you, but i can't access ebay where i am right now. it has a bin price of $999, but it has slight damage and a serial number written on the interior pocket, which are the two things preventing me from hitting that button. i'd rather pay more for a perfect one, kwim?

^^I just found the listing but the pics are protected so I can't post them here. The one I saw at Saks (not Saks.com) is lilac-ish. Could that be the orchid one? I neglected to check the tag so I'm not sure. I should really purchase this in person so I can pick the exact color I want. Has this been spotted at any Nordstrom?

I agree about getting a perfect one too so I'd say just wait.

Nordstrom's carries the orchid one.
I want to second the fragility issue though. Iluv saw one at her store that has the same nick as the one on ebay.
And the one at my local Nordies has a nick/scratch on the side of the frame which is actually longer than the nick on the ebay bag.
Personally, I'd choose the daydream, but it's because I love my hobo so much and also fragile bags, esp. $1400 ones, make me nervous.

You do know that Saks has the Friends and Family discount of 20% that would apply to this? Online is yesterday and today, in the store through the weekend I believe. I love every stam even though I only have one!