SUMMER READING! Chick lit recommendations?

LivinLuxuriously

Surprisingly Content
May 14, 2006
Finals are over! :yahoo: The semester is over! :nuts:

Looking for good summer reading, preferably chick lit (which is my all time favorite come summer time). Right now I've re-opened my Sophie Kinsella book Can You Keep a Secret, which was one of my last books purchased for summer reading last year but never got done - semester started! I love all things chick lit - loved Something Borrowed and the sequel. Loved The Devil Wears Prada, The Nanny Diaries, the Shopaholic series, Bergdorf Blondes, Jennifer Weiner's Good in Bed - so that should give you an idea of my taste. Looking foward to responses!​
:tup:

Well I couldn't help myself and say if you haven't already done so read Harry Potter books 1 to 6. The final book no. 7 is out 21 July. I can't wait.

As for chick lit I haven't read any, unless you consider Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice etc chick lit? They are great.

I know this doesn't fall in the chick lit but I got the following books yesterday and I'm looking forward to getting them read:

• Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
  • Banker to the Poor, Muhammad Yunus
  • Buddha, Deepak Chopra
  • No god but God, Reza Aslan

Anything by Jane Green is a fabulous read. If you like murder mysteries, Tami Hoag writes amazing stories with a little romance tied in. ;) And you can't go wrong with the classics - Emily Bronte or Jane Austen.

Have you read shopaholic and baby from that series? Its supposed to be good. I'm reading Baby Proof by Emily Giffin right now (same author as Something Borrowed).

I just finished reading Fancy Pants by Susann E. Phillips which was really good, another good one by her is Ain't She Sweet.

I love chick lit...so I think I've read just about all the books you've listed above. I'll try to remember some more when I get home!

Emily Giffin : Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof.

Jane Green: all of her books are great!

Maeve Binchy isn't strictly chick-lit but I love most of her books.

Any of the Shopaholic tales (Sophie Kinsella) - latest one is hilarious Shopaholic and Baby.

Also anything by Marion Keyes or Arabella Weir are great books for sitting outside on a summer evening with a glass of wine - both authors have a knack of putting on paper a fabulous portrait of all our female insecurities!

The sisterhood of the traveling pants series is really good by Ann Brashares

Shopaholic series---------->
Can you keep a secret----->( by sophie kinsella
The undomestic Goddess---->AKA Madelaine Wickham)
Coctails for three------------>

Midnight Bayou---->
Birthright---------> (both by Nora Roberts AKA
J.D. Robb)

Good in Bed---->
Little Earthquakes---->(By Jennifer Weiner)
Goodbye nobody---->

Lil' Mama's Rules by Sheneska Jackson

A Diary for Nicholas --->
Suzannes's Letters---->(by James Patterson)

All of Meg Cabot books AKA Meggin Cabot