Scarves Summer Party or Agia Pelagia (Hermès)

Summer Party or Agia Pelagia

• Summer Party

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Agia Pelagia

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Rumm

Fashion Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2014
Hi all,

I've been wanting an orange Hermès scarf for quite a while now and will be buying one when I visit Brussels (in about a month). Since my budget is limited I'm considering one of two scarfs in particular; the Summer Party muffler and the Agia Pelagia scarf. Please help me decide.

Summer Party: €370
Cheaper
I like the pattern
Not really sure if I like a cotton/silk blend, afraid it's too "thin".
Why is this made in Italy?
a1.jpg a2.jpg

Agia Pelagia: €450
Bit more expensive
I like the pattern (but less than I like the Summer Party pattern)
Wool and silk is a nice combination, but maybe too warm for hotter days?
Not sure where it's made.
b1.jpg b2.jpg

Get the design you seem to love the most, Summer Party. I adore that pattern too myself (but there is currently too much on my wishlist to get it). The Agia is more classic H, and you will probably be able to find something similar in the future anyway.
I have a cotton/silk Hermès scarf and it isn’t thin at all. It’s actually my favourite material for scarves, really versatile and carefree, wish H would produce more scarves in this mix.
In my opinion wool or cashmere is too warm on hotter days, also in terms of look, I don’t wear it during summer at all. Even spring can be tricky.
I don’t wear my cotton/silk one in winter, but I could if it’s not too cold outside. I wear it all other seasons.
Don’t know why Summer Party was made in Italy, but nor sure why that would even matter.

Also, don’t know if you’ve already reached out to Brussels for these scarves? My boutique at least didn’t order Summer Party sadly. So you may want to make sure they actually ordered and received the one you end up going for or see if they can track it down for you, not to be disappointed when you get there.

Good luck on deciding. Don’t forget to report back here with photos please! :biggrin:

Get the design you seem to love the most, Summer Party. I adore that pattern too myself (but there is currently too much on my wishlist to get it). The Agia is more classic H, and you will probably be able to find something similar in the future anyway.
I have a cotton/silk Hermès scarf and it isn’t thin at all. It’s actually my favourite material for scarves, really versatile and carefree, wish H would produce more scarves in this mix.
In my opinion wool or cashmere is too warm on hotter days, also in terms of look, I don’t wear it during summer at all. Even spring can be tricky.
I don’t wear my cotton/silk one in winter, but I could if it’s not too cold outside. I wear it all other seasons.
Don’t know why Summer Party was made in Italy, but nor sure why that would even matter.

Also, don’t know if you’ve already reached out to Brussels for these scarves? My boutique at least didn’t order Summer Party sadly. So you may want to make sure they actually ordered and received the one you end up going for or see if they can track it down for you, not to be disappointed when you get there.

Good luck on deciding. Don’t forget to report back here with photos please! :biggrin:
Thank you for your insights in my dilemma :P; you're right, I do like the summer party design most.
My Issue with Italy is that all Hermès items I own (mostly ties) are all made in France, so I thought it was strange. Just as when I bought a Mackintosh coat a few years back, I prefered to buy one that was made in Scotland, as opposed to Italy.
Have not reached out to Brussels and don't think I will; I'm just going to purchase it online and do a in-store pickup in Brussels; heard there is a 'secret art galery' in the back; which I'm eager to see, and I just like the in-store experience they offer :smile:.
Pics will be posted somewhere half March if all goes well :smile:.

Reactions: Angelian
Thank you for your insights in my dilemma :P; you're right, I do like the summer party design most.
My Issue with Italy is that all Hermès items I own (mostly ties) are all made in France, so I thought it was strange. Just as when I bought a Mackintosh coat a few years back, I prefered to buy one that was made in Scotland, as opposed to Italy.
Have not reached out to Brussels and don't think I will; I'm just going to purchase it online and do a in-store pickup in Brussels; heard there is a 'secret art galery' in the back; which I'm eager to see, and I just like the in-store experience they offer :smile:.
Pics will be posted somewhere half March if all goes well :smile:.

Ah yes, purchasing it online is the perfect solution! A secret art gallery in the back sounds great and an added bonus.
I would think H has the scarves made in the country that has greatest craftmanship (for a particular material, technique etc). I know several men’s scarves are/were made in Italy, there are various women’s scarves made in Nepal and Japan and the next (men’s) scarf I’m eyeing is made in Great Britain. Next time I see my SA I’m going to ask for H’s reasoning.
Looking forward to the pics, especially since I probably won’t see this one IRL myself. Enjoy your trip to the boutique! :flowers:

Reactions: Rumm
Italy is even more famous for textiles than France especially in the lake districts. My guess is it was made in Italy because they made the best cotton/silk blend. One of my best scarf ring's made in Italy and an enamel from 2009 made in Austria (best place for enamel bar the Norwegian enameled silver) my horn hair comb from Vietnam.

If you're going for a Summer scarf and you like the pattern better it's a no brainer

Picked it up last saturday, the Hermès store in Brussels is absolutely beautiful. Went there around 11:30 am (it opened at 10:30) and it was allready quite busy (about 20 customers + ~10 staff members). Looked around a bit and approached a member of staff to help me out. He did not know exactely how the in-store pickups were done so he asked a collegue. A few minutes later I was presented with my scarf, the texture and softness is amazing; very similar to the ties they sell allthough the scarf does contain quite a lot of cotton. Back of the scarf is rather dull, since its printed on one side. After inspecting the scarf the member of staff went to repackage it and bag it for me; in the meantime I went to the art galery that's located in the back of the store. Please go there if you have the chance, I'm not going to spoil it ^^.

Attachments

• WP_20190311_12_38_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190311_12_38_23_Pro.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 280
  • WP_20190311_12_38_56_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190311_12_38_56_Pro.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 281
  • WP_20190311_12_39_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190311_12_39_25_Pro.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 279
  • WP_20190311_12_40_02_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190311_12_40_02_Pro.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 276
Picked it up last saturday, the Hermès store in Brussels is absolutely beautiful. Went there around 11:30 am (it opened at 10:30) and it was allready quite busy (about 20 customers + ~10 staff members). Looked around a bit and approached a member of staff to help me out. He did not know exactely how the in-store pickups were done so he asked a collegue. A few minutes later I was presented with my scarf, the texture and softness is amazing; very similar to the ties they sell allthough the scarf does contain quite a lot of cotton. Back of the scarf is rather dull, since its printed on one side. After inspecting the scarf the member of staff went to repackage it and bag it for me; in the meantime I went to the art galery that's located in the back of the store. Please go there if you have the chance, I'm not going to spoil it ^^.

Congrats on you new H scarf! I love the cotton silk blend scarves. They are very versatile.

Your scarf is beautiful, I love the design and all its details! :smile: So glad you had a nice experience, too. Thanks for taking the time to come back and share with us. :flowers:

Gorgeous!