Summer make-up (for the make-up hater)

EmilyK

Somewhat in control
Jan 7, 2007
I'm going shopping tomorrow for Summer make-up. I'm not really fond of it, but do wear a little bit when I need to look presentable.

I'm looking for a semi-sheer foundation - any recommendations? Right now I'm just using Mac concealer where I need it, and that Mac pressed powerdy foundation stuff along with some liquid blush w/ sunscreen stuff (descriptive, eh?) :graucho: The Mac concealer just seems too heavy, though...

Any other suggestions for lip glosses, eye shadows, other products that you guys like especially for the heat of Summer? (I'll be going from one sauna to the next... Hawaii, Florida, Chicago, LA).

Also - if it matters - I'm very pale and sunscreen in the foundation is a must. :smile: I have a lot of freckles and don't want to cover them with the foundation - hence looking for something a bit sheer.

Have you tried Mac Stiido Fix? It is a powder/foundation. Now that it is sooo hot I've been using only it and no liquid foundation. Coverage is pretty sheer and you can use sunscreen under it.

For blush, how about the tarte brand? Goes on sheer and is really easy to use. You might also want to try a highlighter (so many brands to choose from) on your cheek bones and under your eyebrows for that dewey look.

For lip gloss I like smashbox and trish mcevoy palettes.

If you go to sephora check out the mineral makeup (bare escentuals line) it's excellent stuff - I'd say if you haven't used mineral makeup before then it's a good idea to get the beginners foundation kit, then you can check out other brands like everyday minerals..etc.

The mineral foundations are great for summer or all year round.

By the way most of the mineral makeup has sunscreen in it, so no worries.

Clinique makes this sheer liquid foundation that worked really well for me, it's called Perfectly Real Makeup, although I just checked my bottle and there's no sunscreen in it. For cheeks, I like either Tarte's stick gel blush or Benefit BeneTint liquid. I like to have a bit of a glow so I use this a shimmery powder by Revlon which I don't know if they still make... Bought it ages ago and I still have so much left in it. Comes in a big pearly beige jar with a lid and a brush. For mascara, try Shiseido's Lasting Lift after a bit of curling, it works wonders and lasts all day.

for the sheer foundation, i would suggest a tinted moisturizer or a mineral foundation (laura mercier and bare escentuals both work very well and have spf 15).

my favorite lip glosses are stila, lancome juicy tubes, and mac lipglass. my favorite eye shadow is mac (really long lasting)

I would go with the sunblock with shimmers (golden) offered by clinique. They have shimmer which kinda hides the small blemishes and gives you this beautiful glow! Makes ur skin look flawless!