Summer Birkin

jules44

Sep 10, 2008
I am going to order a new birkin for spring/summer/early fall and I am still torn on color. Etoupe or gold? I want a neutral color that will go with all summer colors and prints. What does everyone think? Thanks!

Personally I love gold. It goes with so much and gives even a neutral outfit a pop of color. I fell in love with gold after seeing pics of Portia de Rossi with her gold Birkin (35cm?). If you search the celebrity thread, I'm sure you'll find the pic. :yes:

I am going to order a new birkin for spring/summer/early fall and I am still torn on color. Etoupe or gold? I want a neutral color that will go with all summer colors and prints. What does everyone think? Thanks!

They are both great choices. I have gold, but mostly use it in the winter. I use my Blue Jean Bolide in the summer. Also, have a barenia and toile Bolide to try for this summer. Good luck!

Etoupe is a cool shade whereas Gold is a warm color. Depends what works best with your wardrobe / skin tone. My personal favorite is Etoupe. For a summer bag, you could even go a shade lighter and opt for Gris Tourterelle. Good luck!

Shoot, if it's JUST for S/S, go for the pop! Go white! I looooove white summer bags!

Or... gold, it matches the natural leather that seems to be so prevalent in warmer months :yes:

I would consider etoupe and I will chuck in Curry as a consideration which is sometimes overlooked.

Gold is also a good choice because it is also used year round.

I have Gold and love it for spring/summer or even f/w in warmer climates. But, like MaiTai said, you should determine if you prefer warmer colors (Gold) or cooler (Etoupe). Either one is a winner - although I have gold I would love a bag in Etoupe as well. Maybe if you had some good-quality photographs of the colors you could hold them up with what you have in your closet to see which ones go with more?