Summer bag help! Shoulder tote Vs. Gold Ali

bagsessed

O.G.
Mar 13, 2006
Aaah! I'm resting now. I'm very tired from taking care of 2 kids, a husband and a home all day. To rest and relax I go on tPF (of course) and shop on ebay for deals. So now I need to reward myself. Please help me decide between these bags. I know the shoulder tote is an older style but I have a 3 year old and 6 month old (big bag is good). I have 3 leather ali's (black/brown/whiskey) so I obviously love the ali style. What to do?

Attachments

• coach 5715.JPG
    coach 5715.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 64
  • gold ali.JPG
    gold ali.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 66
Hmmm. For summer I would probably choose the white tote. It's so classy looking but still very kick-around too. Maybe get a little multi-colored flower charm to go with it for some fun color. The other bag is more autumn I think.

As much as I love Ali, I think of the particular bags you posted, the white tote is a better summer bag. What about a white Ali? Either the white leather or khaki sig with white...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'm leaning towards the white tote just because it's different. I hope it's comfortable on the shoulder. I like the idea of adding a colourful charm/scarf to brighten it up. I'm looking for a bag that's low maintenance, inexpensive and not black/brown (have too many of those). I know I can get the tote for a cheaper price versus the ali and i've done too much shopping on Coach bags already. Do you know if jean colour will transfer on to pebble leather like vintage leather?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'm leaning towards the white tote just because it's different. I hope it's comfortable on the shoulder. I like the idea of adding a colourful charm/scarf to brighten it up. I'm looking for a bag that's low maintenance, inexpensive and not black/brown (have too many of those). I know I can get the tote for a cheaper price versus the ali and i've done too much shopping on Coach bags already. Do you know if jean colour will transfer on to pebble leather like vintage leather?

I think that is a great choice! :tup: The fact that you already have 3 ali's seems like it would be fun to get something else... I have tried on that shoulder tote and it seemed REALLY nice and light :okay:

I have a shoulder tote in camel and it is very light and easy to carry on the shoulder. I love it! I cant wait for the snow to melt here and for it to look like spring and then I am switching to that!

I like the white tote, too.

I had that same Ali for about 6 hours, I tried to love it, but she just wasn't for me. She went back and I got something that I didn't have to try to love. The white would be nice, though, but if you already have a few, maybe the tote is the way to go, with a charm or scarf!