Summer Bag for Casual Printed Dresses?

Jul 28, 2016
I'm trying to pick out a bag to go with my summer "uniform" of casual printed Old Navy dresses, most with black as the dominant color, paired with a denim jacket. My ideal size is not much smaller than a Speedy 25 and nothing too large. I'm open to Epi, DE, and Empreinte but don't do monogram or vernis. I'm thinking Speedy B 25 Empreinte in noir or perhaps raisin? My current bags are a Speedy B 25 and Totally PM, both in DE, and I'm 5'1" about 105 lbs. Here are some typical outfits. Thanks so much for the help!
cn13127187.jpg cn12790773.jpg

I think the Croisette in DE or Azur, Pochette Felicie in Epi or Empreinte, or even a PA with a longer strap (Mautto.com has optional chain straps to dress it up a little more also). I know these are all smaller bags, but I think they would pair well with a cute summer dress. :smile:

Reactions: j19 and Bichita
I think the Croisette in DE or Azur, Pochette Felicie in Epi or Empreinte, or even a PA with a longer strap (Mautto.com has optional chain straps to dress it up a little more also). I know these are all smaller bags, but I think they would pair well with a cute summer dress. :smile:

These are good options, also maybe Speedy 20 in emp noir or raisin. If 20 is too small then your choice of the 25 size is a good option. Maybe also Mazzarine PM?

The Croisette in DE would be good, especially since there's no fear of color xfer like I always am scared of on DA. The Croisette is structured so you can't fit a lot in there but it's SOOOOO CUTE and may be perfect for you if you don't need to carry a lot.
I don't think you could go wrong with an Empriente Speedy B either. Both are great choices! Are you able to try them on at the boutique?
My only concern on the Empriente Speedy is how they sag after use. I see them on Fashionphile and some of them look sad.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Ooh! The Croisette is a great idea! Alas, i'm pretty far from a boutique, so it would be an online purchase:sad:

Good point about the Empreinte, especially since I like myour Speedy structured. Thank you so much for the input!

I like the suggestions above. An azur bag is perfect for summer. I just got my first everyday azur bag and so glad I did. No issues with color transfer at all.
I think the empreinte in noir or raisin are more winter bags to me. They seem dark and heavy paired with those cute dresses. If you are leaning towards leather I would get an Alma- either pm or bb. Amazing color choices. Good luck!

Reactions: cherrykiwi
How about the City Steamer PM or Mini in a colourful combination? It's very versatile and can be worn many ways including cross body.

Catherine-Deneuve-Louis-Vuitton-City-Steamer-Bag.jpg

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
IMG_1495251124.304328.jpg

I actually wore my new Favorite out tonight with my Old Navy casual summer dress. [emoji4] But since you said no mono I would go with a noir Speedy B or Alma BB, depending on what you carry. Azur is too fussy for me even though it's gorgeous and summer perfect. [emoji4]