Sultra Hair Dryer Review!!!!

Apr 29, 2008
I've found the holy grail of hairdryers.

I'm a beauty product junkie and have tried most top of the line dryers out there. When my T3 recently broke I found it difficult to find honest reviews comparing dryers. I have medium length hair, fine texture but lots of it. Hopefully this can be helpful to people.

I used a T3 for years. When mine broke I tried a Twin Turbo , a Turbo Mega Power 4000, a Sedu Revolution 4000, a Chi Rocket.... and in the end bought another T3.

Still not thrilled, I decided to go to Sephora and look at their newer model of the T3, the Featherweight Lux. I got to talking to the SA and she raved about the Sultra. There are two models, one for $195 and the other for $280. I asked if there was honestly a difference, as I heard the evolution and T3 were comparable, and she while they were both good, the more expensive model, the Sophisticate, was better.

After trying it, it's amazing! The T3 is a little lighter, and gets hotter, but the Sultra gives better results. It makes my hair feel healthy, not fried. My hair is soft, shiny and full. I don't even need shine serum afterwards. This dryer is truly the best of the professional dryers I've tried and worth the money!

Thank you!!! I was on the fence about it, read the Sephora reviews, looked for reviews on Makeup Alley (none), and then thought to look here! :biggrin: I just got a new hairstyle where I can't be lazy and MUST blow-dry everyday, so am definitely getting one now :smile:

I know this is an old thread but I just purchased this tonight on sephora's F&F sale. Can't wait to get it. This is my first professional dryer. I hope I made a good decision because this is crazy money for a hair dryer.

Can anyone tell me if the Sultra is dual voltage? And is the Sultra travel hair dryer comparable to the Sultra Siren? We move every 6 mths right now so until we stop moving and traveling so much I do not want to invest in a too expensive hair dryer.

I've been reading and searching info on a great hair dryer. I did a "search" in the box above even for older or for any comments on what works for them, nothing comes up. Anyhow I'll read into this one, Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if the Sultra is dual voltage? And is the Sultra travel hair dryer comparable to the Sultra Siren? We move every 6 mths right now so until we stop moving and traveling so much I do not want to invest in a too expensive hair dryer.

I'm not sure. Where would I see it on my packaging?

Quick review: I've been using it now for about 2 weeks. I like it, I guess. I really have nothing to compare it to though. I've always used Revlon or the like.... cheapos. I will say, I paid about $200 for it and I'm having a hard time justifying it. I don't see any quicker drying time. I have fine texture but thicker color treated hair. I don't think it is any more shiny than normal. It is a little heavy too. I LOVE the cord though. I know this sounds like a negative review but I don't feel I'm an expert. I guess I was thinking it would change my life for that kind of price tag.

I have gotten compliments on my hair lately though.. but I think that's due to my Hot Tools curling iron. Now that, was a great purchase.

I could always tell a difference w/ my T3 hair dryer and when I used just a regular hair dryer when visiting my parents but I also had very full head of thick hair down to the middle of my back so it was very noticeable when I could cut blow drying time by 10 minutes. I dropped the one I had for 5 years though and bought a new one but the new one broke and I keep reading reviews about how they have been breaking lately so I wanted to go with something more reliable for the money but I might give the T3 one more go.

If you look at the cord of the hair dryer, it should say 110v and 220v if it is dual voltage. If it is not, then it will just have one of those numbers on it. Thanks for checking for me!

1289433930.jpg

Hope that pi shows up. I don't think it's dual. I didn't see anything on the cord but this is what's on the underside.