suit question

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
I'm back to work next week after a while out of the job, and I would love advice from you all about my attire for that first day...first impressions and all.

I have a lovely Atelier suit in darker grey with some ruching on the waist and stylizing detail on the color of the coat (great deal even). What color/style shirt do you suggest to "pop" the outfit? And I will likely be carrying an inexpensive purple Target bag or have the option of a cranberry Maxx tote.

Ideas welcome!

Mar 5, 2008
I think any bright color would look great! I love mixing color with color, so I would do a bright color like fuchsia, bright blue, or yellow to go with the bag.

lcterp

La bella vita
May 23, 2007
Pittsburgh
I would go with something bright yellow, something more canary than mustard, and that would go well with the suit and either bag.

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
Love the suggestions. Are blouses or sleeveless sweaters or something else more "in" this fall? I'll be shopping at Nordstrom or Marshall's (big difference, I know...lol).

legaldiva

O.G.
Oct 26, 2006
I'd personally do a crisp white shirt with really big bright jewelry to compliment your bag.

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
I'd personally do a crisp white shirt with really big bright jewelry to compliment your bag.
Ooooooooooooo...that would look nice. I think I'll drag the jacket to the store with me and try a bunch of stuff on. :yahoo:

I was shopping online and saw this in hyacinth..but now sure how the layers of something like this would fit UNDER the coat...when I took it off, it would be smashing...but...
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2984214...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6019244&P=1

Last edited:

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
Found a beautiful shell...deep salmon...not pink not orange not red. Really lovely. Thanks for the ideas. You were a great help!