Suhali Le Majestueux

ShyShy

O.G.
Nov 13, 2007
Dear Le Maj owners, I am thinking of buying the Le Maj but just wanted to know if any of you (especially those who have used it regularly and for a long time) have had any problems with the bottom leather (smooth part) scratching over time?

Thank you so much! :flowers:

Get it, get it!:nuts: I don't own this bag but would love it. I do have a suhali lockit which I have not been very gentle with and the leather is like new, it is a very durable line IMO.

I have recently purchased a le maj and haven't used it much yet but my lockit has a similar smooth leather base and I have had that since 2006. I haven't had any issues with scratches at all on the base (only one on the front which my dog did:P) and I don't baby it at all. Good luck:smile:

I have had the Le Maj in black for a year now, and I use it alot. It wears well and I love how the bag has softened over time, but still maintained its shape. I have a small scratch on one of the corners, but it is not very deep. I think the smooth parts are more prone to scratching, but really it does not detract from the bag. Just an aside, I love the smell of Suhali!

Thank you so much for all your replies! I do own quite a few suhali items, but all of them either have the metal corners or are a little more structured than the Le Maj. I am just wondering whether the structure of the bag would make it more susceptible to scratches.... :thinking:

Oooo I have been waiting for some reviews of Le Maj. Love this bag so I m bumping up the thread :P

CHIN CHIN * SHALOMJUDE where are you?

Sorry!

Le maj is very easy to use and the flat handles do not hurt that much on my shoulders compared to rolled ones.

However, the grained leather will soften over time and the bag will sort of lose the shape and collapse slightly in the middle. The smooth leather is prone to scratches hence there are studs on the leather to prevent close contact with anything abrasive.

I have my laptop in it togther with my other usual bag items.

Agree with the collapse factor. After awhile using it, mine does not stand up on its own. I also find it a little deep to find my stuff. Go and try it on and see if it screams to you.

Thank you chinchin_lim & vtachgyrl...!

Oooooh, you mean collapse in the middle like the bottom not holding it's shape in the middle (where there is no reinforcement) - kinda like the speedy? Or it collapses in the middle as in the body folding in half? I know the suhali leather tend to do that coz my l'ingenieux & l'epanoui have collapsed.... my lockit pm is showing signs of wrinkling too...

I am kinda half half on the bag (wished it was more horizontal than vertical - I can envision some fishing around for stuff), but since the verone will be discontinued and there is only one left in my store, I don't know if I should get it or not.... it does look like a good casual bag that doesn't scream LV too much.... I have tried it on before but could not decide... my SA is holding it for me, so I feel a little obliged.... the thing is, it's quite pricey here in Australia (A$4000)... on the US website it is only US$2770... :shrugs: help!