Suhali: Is it dated?

I'm glad I didn't get anything Suhali. My had my eyes on something but it was EXPENSIVE so I didn't pull the trigger. Yeah, the Suhali line does not hold up to its value in the secondary market. If you really want a brand to "hold up in value" while you enjoy it, I don't even think it's Louis Vuittin. It it Hermes.

I see many LV canvas and leather bags from the 90s that sell for more than their original retail price. But I agree, some Hermès products (the most "flashy" = Kelly + Birkin) retain and even increase in value.

As for the question...
I think some look very dated.
That is the problem with most bags that haven't received a classic status.
But it doesn't have to be wrong to look dated, with the right clothes etc it can be a reminiscence of a certain time.

The only thing that keeps its value is mono canvas.

First time buyers want the logo.

Agree.

Plus if you want your bags to keep their value, a pattern that's been around since 1896 seems well tested of time.
Personally I think it's beautiful with it's oriental influences from the end of the Victorian era with it's quatrefoils and flowers.

Agree.

Plus if you want your bags to keep their value, a pattern that's been around since 1896 seems well tested of time.
Personally I think it's beautiful with it's oriental influences from the end of the Victorian era with it's quatrefoils and flowers.

In France, we refer to that period as Belle Époque (1871-1914).

Haha Americans drive me crazy with their "Victorian era." [emoji1]

It's interesting to be on a worldwide forum. :smile:
One have to try to to express oneself in terms used by the majority (which I think is american?).
I also noticed quite a lot of cultural differences, even thou we're "just talking bags". :smile:

it was once the top of the line at louis vuitton. Today it barely brings any money on the pre-loved market.

Is it dated?

I think it's definitely of a past fashion era.

Is it still beautiful?

Pieces that have been well preserved still look stunning.

What one may consider "dated," another will consider a vintage treasure. To each his own!

+1

It was once the top of the line at Louis Vuitton. Today it barely brings any money on the pre-loved market.

Is it dated?

Is it still beautiful?

What one may consider "dated," another will consider a vintage treasure. To each his own!

I second this to a tee !!!!!!! For instance , alot of people would consider the Manhattan bag dated . But when I saw one a few months ago I really admired it :smile: Thought it looked very pretty .

I second this to a tee !!!!!!! For instance , alot of people would consider the Manhattan bag dated . But when I saw one a few months ago I really admired it :smile: Thought it looked very pretty .

Manhattan is definitely an iconic bag of the early 2000s. When it's in good condition, it definitely looks beautiful.

It was once the top of the line at Louis Vuitton. Today it barely brings any money on the pre-loved market.

Is it dated?

Is it still beautiful?

I agree, especially about that last part