Suggestions...

Are you considering the damier line at all? I don't have children, but if I did I think I'd be worried about the untreated vachetta leather of the mono line. The damier (not Azur) line would be more forgiving of sticky fingers and juice stains.
Also, you might want to think carefully about any bag that has the vachetta leather bottom as I've been reading here on the forum that many people are unhappy with the way it get really marked up so fast. I would go for the Batignolles horizontal myself--I've heard the the vertical version is a black hole that you are forever rummaging around in to find your wallet. Plus the BH does fit over the shoulder as well.
Lastly, may I suggest you visit the LV shop at the Wynn. I spent a couple of hours there last July picking out a bag and it was such a pleasant experience. My SA there, Edward is a lovely gentleman with 20 plus years experience in the leather-goods business (like me) and treated me like a queen despite the fact I only had $500 to spend. And when they didn't have the exact bag I wanted he called LV Caesar's and arranged a taxi for me to run over and buy it from there. And this after he showed my like ten different combinations that added up to my $500. What a gem!!!

Sorry for the long post.:smile:

Are you considering the damier line at all? I don't have children, but if I did I think I'd be worried about the untreated vachetta leather of the mono line. The damier (not Azur) line would be more forgiving of sticky fingers and juice stains.
Also, you might want to think carefully about any bag that has the vachetta leather bottom as I've been reading here on the forum that many people are unhappy with the way it get really marked up so fast. I would go for the Batignolles horizontal myself--I've heard the the vertical version is a black hole that you are forever rummaging around in to find your wallet. Plus the BH does fit over the shoulder as well.
Lastly, may I suggest you visit the LV shop at the Wynn. I spent a couple of hours there last July picking out a bag and it was such a pleasant experience. My SA there, Edward is a lovely gentleman with 20 plus years experience in the leather-goods business (like me) and treated me like a queen despite the fact I only had $500 to spend. And when they didn't have the exact bag I wanted he called LV Caesar's and arranged a taxi for me to run over and buy it from there. And this after he showed my like ten different combinations that added up to my $500. What a gem!!!

Sorry for the long post.:smile:

I already have a Damier Parioli so wanted something from the Monogram line. I'm not too worried about sticky fingers and juice stains since my DD usually doesn't grab at my bags. I was just worried that I might get tired of a handheld bag all the time. I'll have to just try a couple on and see. Thanks for suggesting the Wynn. I'm staying at the Bellagio (next to Caesar's) but definitely plan on visiting the Wynn so I'll look at both location of LV.

I have a 7 year-old and a 13 month-old and I carry my speedies? My life is chaotic thought so the bag doesn't make much of a difference! LOL

I would say if you think you need/want a shoulder bag then you probably do!

I'm sure I will not be of much help here...in July I looked at the BH...and nearly, nearly took her home..but I had to look at the damier speedy 30 and that was my purchase...it was love at first sight [all over again] :heart: :heart: speedies:heart: :heart: