Suggestions pour Homme?

ChanelChap

City Chic
Nov 7, 2010
Alright, ladies, I'm torn.

I'm trying to choose a new bag for the fall/winter season, and I cannot for the life of me decide. Really, I want everything. I could get everything, too. Yet I'm going to limit myself on one bag (leaves more room for SLG's and clothes anyways).

I'm in the market for a men's messenger bag. I will be in college starting this fall, and I a city, too. So it will have to be durable, and able to hold any surprises that jump into my hands during the day. I dress very fashion conscience, and I am of average height. I am in great shape (I'm a runner), and don't want to come off as "too gay."

Right now my choices are:

1. Legacy Large Duffle (91889) in Cognac or Black - I just adore this bag and, simply put, want one. If the tassels are removed, it holds a gender neutral look when work cross body (NEVER in the hobo style, though).

2. Coach Classics Field Bag - The bag really reminds me of a Proenza Schouler PS1. It just holds that effortless style that makes the wearer seem so chic. I want it in navy. Blues are going to be HUGE this fall, ladies. Mark my words :graucho:

3. Legacy Men's Field Bag (70711) - It still holds the utilitarian vibe the Classic Field Bag drags alongside it, but I feel as though the leather will be thicker (the classics leather is a little on the lighter, thin side) and be more durable over time. (Then again, I do LOVE a slouch). The olive color is so different and military. It would look great with all the fall colors!

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 11.33.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 11.33.50 PM.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 280
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 11.34.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 11.34.23 PM.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 276
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 11.32.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 11.32.41 PM.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 291
Hmm, tough choice. If the duffle kept the same slouch as shown in the picture, I would say that one for sure. They seem to be more "square" in real life though :sad: So with that, I really like the last one. The color is awesome, and I like the looks better. Decisions are always tough, so good luck with whatever you choose. I'm sure you will enjoy any one of them.

I love the classics field bag but I'm also loving the olive color of number 3, so I am torn between 2 and 3. I like the streamlined look of 3 and the classic shape of number 2. As a school bag, I don't think the duffle is a good choice because of the north south orientation. You will be much more organized with the field bags.

I like 3, such a great bag and great look. I'm leery of the leather on the "classics," too, and I think 3 would be more functional as well. GL with whatever you decide!

Before I read your narrative, my eyes had already been drawn to bag 3. Both bag 2 & 3 remind me of a classic "man in a uniform" look, but I have a slight preference for 3. I don't know if it looks this way in person, but on my monitor it almost has a steely grey tone to it, which I think looks clean and sharp.

I would lean towards numbers 1 and 3. The belt strap set up on number 2 is similar to my Soft Flap Hobo and over time the strap likes to become undone at inconvenient times. If you will be using it for books, laptop, etc, the dog leash strap would be the way to go.