Suggestions please, what's my next VCA

lisawhit

O.G.
Jun 23, 2007
Okay, I want to get another VCA piece and I'm looking for a well rounded collection. I'm open to all suggestions. This is what I currently have:

Magic long MOP pendant
2015 holiday pendant
2016 holiday pendant
5 motif MOP bracelet
5 motif Carnelian bracelet

All in yellow gold except the holiday pendants. I'm all over the place.....I love it all. Thank you everyone and Happy New Years!
Lisa

Reactions: Phoenix123
Okay, I want to get another VCA piece and I'm looking for a well rounded collection. I'm open to all suggestions. This is what I currently have:

Magic long MOP pendant
2015 holiday pendant
2016 holiday pendant
5 motif MOP bracelet

All in yellow gold except the holiday pendants. I'm all over the place.....I love it all. Thank you everyone and Happy New Years!
Lisa

Earrings! Frivole would go with everything you already have!

Magic long MOP pendant
2015 holiday pendant
2016 holiday pendant
5 motif MOP bracelet

Lisa
How about a 10 Motif MOP necklace? That way you could combine the bracelet you already have and the necklace and basically have 2 different necklaces. I might be just a bit biased as I love my 10 Motif MOP necklace. Maybe one day I can get the bracelet too. That would be so great! :biggrin:

How about a 10 Motif MOP necklace? That way you could combine the bracelet you already have and the necklace and basically have 2 different necklaces. I might be just a bit biased as I love my 10 Motif MOP necklace. Maybe one day I can get the bracelet too. That would be so great! :biggrin:

This is one of the items I'm definitely thinking of...Thanks Tulip

Rose de Noël earrings if you are a fan of whimsy...especially the coral or onyx ones. They are probably my favourite VCA design and was blown away by them in person.

Reactions: lisawhit

Magic long MOP pendant
2015 holiday pendant
2016 holiday pendant
5 motif MOP bracelet

Lisa
You need a pair of earrings!!

:smile:
I think this is what I'm going to get for now....
vintage alhambra 5 motif yellow gold bracelet
and
perlee small hoops yellow gold
The small perlee hoops are a wonderful addition.
They are the perfect size and the beading makes them special. The posts are slightly angled so they always lay just perfectly.
Mine are pink gold (I purchased them to wear with my limited edition letterwood pieces a while back) but the pink gold is so close to the yg that I wear mine with yg all the time.
I think you have some wonderful choices to look forward to:smile:

:smile:
The small perlee hoops are a wonderful addition.
They are the perfect size and the beading makes them special. The posts are slightly angled so they always lay just perfectly.
Mine are pink gold (I purchased them to wear with my limited edition letterwood pieces a while back) but the pink gold is so close to the yg that I wear mine with yg all the time.
I think you have some wonderful choices to look forward to:smile:

Or should I get the vintage yg Alhambra earrings?

Or should I get the vintage yg Alhambra earrings?
Interesting that you ask.
If there is one item I regret purchasing it's the vintage earrings in yg. They are nice earrings but in retrospect I wish I had purchased the yg pave version initially.
Early on, my logic was that the yg would match any and all vintage necklaces that I might choose to collect someday. The pave seemed too expensive. Well I eventually wound up collecting the vintage earrings in various stones as well as the pave.
Had I purchased the pave first I never would have needed another pair of vintage earrings. They are truly stunning and can be dressed up or down.
The plain yg version is redundant for me.
A much better choice would be the small yg frivole earrings or the perlee hoops.
I apologize if I've provided way too much info and all of this is just my opinion of course.
I'm glad that I have the yg vintage earrings because I have the matching necklace and will pass them down to my daughter someday but I never wear them.

Interesting that you ask.
If there is one item I regret purchasing it's the vintage earrings in yg. They are nice earrings but in retrospect I wish I had purchased the yg pave version initially.
Early on, my logic was that the yg would match any and all vintage necklaces that I might choose to collect someday. The pave seemed too expensive. Well I eventually wound up collecting the vintage earrings in various stones as well as the pave.
Had I purchased the pave first I never would have needed another pair of vintage earrings. They are truly stunning and can be dressed up or down.
The plain yg version is redundant for me.
A much better choice would be the small yg frivole earrings or the perlee hoops.
I apologize if I've provided way too much info and all of this is just my opinion of course.
I'm glad that I have the yg vintage earrings because I have the matching necklace and will pass them down to my daughter someday but I never wear them.

Never is it too much information....I was thinking if I had the vintage yg earrings they would go with everything....I appreciate your perspective....hmmm

Never is it too much information....I was thinking if I had the vintage yg earrings they would go with everything....I appreciate your perspective....hmmm
If you never think you will ever purchase the vintage in pave, the plain yg might be a great choice for you. They are redundant for me because now that I have them in pave I never go back to the plain. Another consideration: the earrings are a very matte gold. They are simple and understated earrings and this might be what you want but I would encourage you to try them on and then compare them to the small yg frivole earrings. They are the same size but the small frivole earrings are 3-D and very shiny. They are a nice compliment to the vintage alhambra without being matchy matchy.Either way you can't go wrong if you buy what you love. It is ALL so beautiful and there are so many great choices.
I still highly recommend the small perlee hoops. They are also a great value (relatively inexpensive for VCA).
One final earring that I think is a great find (although I don't own them) are the pave vintage alhambra sweets. I wish they were available in yg but right now they are only available in wg. You get that iconic VCA clover shape with the diamond sparkle for a reasonable price IMO.