Suggestions on first/everyday platinum necklace

Catata

Nov 20, 2016
Last edited:
This is my necklace. It wasn't a big stone, about .25 ct but I wore it every day for years until I received a different one from mil on my wedding day. My face shape is the same as yours. The length is 16 inches, which I find is my preferred length for dainty necklaces.
I'm saving it for my dd when she turns 18.

upload_2017-1-16_13-48-43.png

If you don't like diamonds, there are other designs that are quite nice as well. A friend has the apple pendant necklace as a grad gift because she wanted to be a teacher.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parisluxury
This was my first diamond necklace. It wasn't a big stone, about .25 ct but I wore it every day for years
until I received a different one from mil on my wedding day. My face shape is the same as yours. The length is 16 inches.
I'm saving this for my dd when she turns 18.

View attachment 3576474

If you don't like diamonds, there are other designs that are quite nice as well. A friend has the apple pendant necklace as a grad gift because she wanted to be a teacher.

Thanks Minty Tea. Will take a look at the DBTY necklace. [emoji1]

I assume you'd like the necklace to have diamonds? I think all of Tiffany's platinum necklaces have diamonds...I'll check.

EDIT: Yeap, everything has diamonds. I think that the mini or small diamond heart pendants, or the small or medium Victoria pendants would look lovely for everyday if you want something bigger than DbtY.

Can you tell us more about your current jewelry style? Simple? Love hearts? Modern? Prefer bolder/daintier pieces?

Yes. I have some silver necklaces and costume jewelry. I no longer wear them anymore because silver tarnishes quickly and I'm too lazy to put them on and off everyday. After I splurged my money on purses, I think it's time to start to update my necklace. Start from one single piece.

It can be as small as the DBTY or as big as the Keys.

I am a tall girl (5'9"). 80% of my clothes are from Aritzia/Babaton, and the colours I wear are boring (black, white, grey, burgundy). I am trying to find a necklace to elevate the look of the outfit.

The nearest Tiffany store is 5-6 hours away from me, so I want to have some style in mind before my trip. Otherwise I think I will be overwhelmed by the number of selections in store. [emoji6]

Last edited:
I assume you'd like the necklace to have diamonds? I think all of Tiffany's platinum necklaces have diamonds...I'll check.

EDIT: Yeap, everything has diamonds. I think that the mini or small diamond heart pendants, or the small or medium Victoria pendants would look lovely for everyday if you want something bigger than DbtY.

I feel the DBTY pendant or multi station necklace would work well. Also, I think your style is more on the organic- sidr, so I would also suggest the following http://m.tiffany.com/collections/el...Platinum+necklace-ri+-ni+1-x+-pu+-f+-lr+0-hr+

Thanks joseybird and AntiqueShopper! I'll put those on my list. Not sure if they work for me (I'm 5'9), but I'll definitely try them on during my next trip. So glad I have you guys!

What do you guys think about the keys? Are they too big?

Thanks joseybird and AntiqueShopper! I'll put those on my list. Not sure if they work for me (I'm 5'9), but I'll definitely try them on during my next trip. So glad I have you guys!

What do you guys think about the keys? Are they too big?

I thought about a key for you but based on the brand you listed I shudder away from it. Imho the keys do not match the style of clothing I saw on the website. I obviously don't know your particular wardrobe however

I thought about a key for you but based on the brand you listed I shudder away from it. Imho the keys do not match the style of clothing I saw on the website. I obviously don't know your particular wardrobe however

You're right. I am worried if they'll be too "complex and glamour" for my style. I found a photo. The key looks okay on her, not too complex. View attachment 3576576

I can never tell if they works for me by just looking at the pictures. I have to try them on to see. I'll keep that in mind when I go to the store this weekend. Thanks so much!

I know the smaller ones (e.g. DBTY) will look great on a shorter girl, but not sure if they are too small for me.

My clothes:
IMG_1484604463.762564.jpg

Last edited:
You're right. I am worried if they'll be too "complex and glamour" for my style. I found a photo. The key looks okay on her, not too complex. View attachment 3576576

I can never tell if they works for me by just looking at the pictures. I have to try them on to see. I'll keep that in mind when I go to the store this weekend. Thanks so much!

I know the smaller ones (e.g. DBTY) will look great on a shorter girl, but not sure if they are too small for me.

My clothes:
View attachment 3576565
As long as you pick an appropriate size stone ( between .30 and .50) it will look great.

I did some research in the DBTY. Some people complained about the back of the diamond poking their skin. Is it common?

Thanks my TPF friends. All your comments are very helpful.