Suggestions needed, please! Which is the best, chic and important designer bag?

Cicci783

Aug 1, 2015
Hi! I’m quite satisfied with my bags collection, so I’m on ban island and thinking about saving for a V.I.P. bag. Which do you think is the one worth saving for? LV Capucine, Dior Lady Dior, Dior Diorama or Chanel classic 2.55? Any other do you think are classic and never out of fashion?

Reactions: Ivan4
Hi! I’m quite satisfied with my bags collection, so I’m on ban island and thinking about saving for a V.I.P. bag. Which do you think is the one worth saving for? LV Capucine, Dior Lady Dior, Dior Diorama or Chanel classic 2.55? Any other do you think are classic and never out of fashion?
For classics that have endured the test of time, you can’t go wrong with the Delvaux Brillant (designed 60 years ago and still beautiful) or the Hermès Kelly, equally beautiful and classic. Good luck in your project!

After many years of owning & carrying tons o’ bags that didn’t excite me and a relatively few years of FINALLY carrying bags I adore, I’ve learned that I have to mix personal taste and function with classic and chic for a bag to work.

So, with that in mind, what type of bag do you enjoy carrying? Shoulder bag, hobo, flap, tote? Size? Level of structure? Sharing that will help us make timeless, chic, important suggestions that will likely work best for you. :smile:

After many years of owning & carrying tons o’ bags that didn’t excite me and a relatively few years of FINALLY carrying bags I adore, I’ve learned that I have to mix personal taste and function with classic and chic for a bag to work.

So, with that in mind, what type of bag do you enjoy carrying? Shoulder bag, hobo, flap, tote? Size? Level of structure? Sharing that will help us make timeless, chic, important suggestions that will likely work best for you. :smile:
I suppose I would like a shoulder bag, medium or small (I’m not a big bag girl), and structured. Thanks! :smile:

I suppose I would like a shoulder bag, medium or small (I’m not a big bag girl), and structured. Thanks! :smile:

In no specific order

Chanel CF or Reissue is a suitable size for your personal pref/frame
H Kelly
Lady Dior

At almost 70 years since its design (that's more staying power than the Kelly)I would put Gucci's Bamboo Top-handle up there too but since you didn't mention it, it's prob not love for you.

At the end of the day it's whichever makes you feel like a VIP.

Reactions: Cicci783
In no specific order

Chanel CF or Reissue is a suitable size for your personal pref/frame
H Kelly
Lady Dior

At almost 70 years since its design (that's more staying power than the Kelly)I would put Gucci's Bamboo Top-handle up there too but since you didn't mention it, it's prob not love for you.

At the end of the day it's whichever makes you feel like a VIP.
Thanks. What do you mean by Chanel CF?
No, indeed Gucci bamboo is not my cup of tea.

CF is Classic Flap.

And honestly, I would go with the bag that makes you say "THAT'S the bag I want!" and stop dithering. IMO, as long as you're still going back and forth and asking opinions, you haven't found the right bag yet.
Thanks. :smile:
My problem is, I haven’t a Chanel boutique near, so I can’t see the bags IRL...and I don’t if they sell from their website.

Structured bag with shoulder strap = Hermès Kelly or Bolide (Bolide more under radar).
I just don't think anyone can go wrong with a Kelly, and if you reaaaallly want structure, a sellier Kelly. This is the 28 size.

KELLYREDsml.jpg kellysunday.JPG

I also support the Hermes Kelly. Grab an crossbody strap, a twilly and a cute bag charm (or two) to counter the formality of the design in less formal settings. Or if you like it as is, go for a fun yet non-seasonal color.

Reactions: Cicci783