Food Suggestions for - very good quality kitchen knives

Joydaly

May 20, 2007
Hi there,
I'm remodeling and upgrading a couple rooms in my house and figured I wanted to "upgrade" some daily staples too.

I current have some Rada knives and Henckels and would love to get your suggestions for real good quality ones?

Thank you in advanced :smile:

I recommend the Wusthof Grand Prix series. IMO, the best bargain for your money. While they're not cheap, you get your money's worth. The knives are balanced, forged, and full tanged. Forged knives are stronger than stamped knives. Full tanged knives have the metal extend through the full length and width of the handle, which gives it balance. A balanced knife leads to less hand fatigue and allows you to chop, chef-style, quickly. What gave them the edge over the Wusthof Classic Series is the textured handle, which gives you a better grip when your hands are wet. That was a plus for me since I am constantly washing my hands while cooking.

Most of my good knives are from the Wustoff Classic series. As with any knives, they do get dull with use, so if you are happy with the knives you have, get a good quality knife sharpener instead of a new set of knives.

HI Ladies,

I want to thank every one for there thoughts and suggestions.
I bought Wusthof Grand Prix yesterday and LOVE them!
I appreciate your input which helped my find such great knives - thank you :smile:

I recommend the Wusthof Grand Prix series. IMO, the best bargain for your money. While they're not cheap, you get your money's worth. The knives are balanced, forged, and full tanged. Forged knives are stronger than stamped knives. Full tanged knives have the metal extend through the full length and width of the handle, which gives it balance. A balanced knife leads to less hand fatigue and allows you to chop, chef-style, quickly. What gave them the edge over the Wusthof Classic Series is the textured handle, which gives you a better grip when your hands are wet. That was a plus for me since I am constantly washing my hands while cooking.

I think that the classic knives use a different amount of carbon in the blade, so technically the classics are 'better' but you will find that the Grand Prix run slightly cheaper and have a better handle.