Suggestions for the First Designer Handbag

Since everyone has such awesome taste and knows much more about handbags than I do, I was hoping to get some suggestions for the first designer handbag for my mom! She's already over the hill and hasn't owned one yet, so instead of getting myself one, I really wanted to get her one for her birthday next month.

She generally likes bigger bags, and I want to get her something timeless yet youthful for her age. I'm going to take her handbag shopping next weekend when I'm on spring break. I think she'd like an LV but I'm not sure, so I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks for your help! :biggrin:

I recommend you look at Bottega Veneta, Chanel, and Gucci. There are so many styles to choose from and these bags have true staying power. Btw, you are a very thoughtful daughter! Happy hunting!

As I was reading your post, the only bag that kept popping up in my head is Chanel 2.55 reissue. IMO, I think it's VERY timeless and elegant for sophisticated ladies!!

Good luck bag hunting for your mom! That's very sweet of you to think of her first and let us know what you chose! :lol: :lol:

Chanel's are great, but pricey! If you're on a tighter budget (like me), I would recommend a speedy. They're a relatively cheap $600. Noe's are great too.

Not going to recommend to you anything because I know less than you do about designer bags, but I just wish to say you're a sweetie for wanting to buy your mum such a lovely birthday gift.

Signed
Another person over the hill :biggrin:

ValleyOppressed said:
Chanel's are great, but pricey! If you're on a tighter budget (like me), I would recommend a speedy. They're a relatively cheap $600. Noe's are great too.

this would be my vote as well. if you can afford a classic flap chanel, it would probably be your best bet. but LV speedies are great too. why not take your mom to like someplaces like saks or NM who carry many different lines and let her try on a few?

Dont know much about designer bags myself (every says LV is very durable though so maybe a LV?), but that's so sweet you think of your mom! I need a job so I can make some $$$ and get my mama something.

I bought my mom a burberry last month and she really likes it because it is so classic and she grew up with it. I think my next purchase for her will be a Chanel because it too is a forever bag.

jasanna143 said:
Verrry nice of you! I would recommend an LV Alma in either mono or damier.

this is what I was thinking as well

I'm planning on getting an Alma in mono for my mom for her b-day this summer (if she likes it, of course)