Suggestions for next bag

AlienaHermes

Nov 15, 2018
Hi!

I have now managed to get 2 B and 1K, and I am wondering what would be the next steps to complete my collection.

So far I have:

B30 Togo blue nuit GHW
B30 Togo gold GHW
K28 Vert cypress permabrass

I gravitate towards either K28 etoupe (PHW) or K28 in a more fun color (either pop of blue or pink) PHW

I could really use your advice, seems that now I could go for a pop of color, but I also am a neutral kind of girl...

Hi!

I have now managed to get 2 B and 1K, and I am wondering what would be the next steps to complete my collection.

So far I have:

B30 Togo blue nuit GHW
B30 Togo gold GHW

I gravitate towards either K28 etoupe (PHW) or K28 in a more fun color (either pop of blue or pink) PHW

I could really use your advice, seems that now I could go for a pop of color, but I also am a neutral kind of girl...
What a nice collection! I was in a similar spot (with a totally different bag - the Evelyne TPM, whether to go bright red or neutral), and one way that I ended up deciding was that I spent a couple of weeks paying attention to my outfits--which bag would I have chosen (red vs. a neutral) to go with that outfit? Overwhelmingly I thought a warm/neutral brown, so a neutral was what I decided to get.
Obviously, this might change with the seasons, but it's one way to think about how a bag would fit in your collection. Would you ever choose that pop color over your bleu nuit, gold, or vert cypress with certain outfits? Or likewise, would you reach for etoupe in all the same situations that your gold (or another bag) would work? There's bound to be some overlap, but it might give you a sense of what would round your collection out best; no sense in making an expensive purchase that never gets used.

(side note: I do think that the K in etoupe with PHW would fill a neutral "gap" in most wardrobes--it's a very different look than your ghw bags!)

Hi!

So far I have:

B30 Togo blue nuit GHW
B30 Togo gold GHW

You have a great collection! Do you want to add a K28 Sellier or retourne? Since you already have blue, gold and green in your collection how about a subtle ‘pop’ like rouge H? I know the color is right now available in stores. Or maybe go for a neutral like etain or etoupe if your heart is leaning towards neutrals. If you love neutrals, don’t force yourself to get a pop of color just for diversity. Buy what you know you will use with 100% certainty. Excited to see what you will add.

Nice collection you got! There are colors that seem like pop of colors but actually acts as neutral because they are very easy to incorporate in an outfit. You can choose a color like that - anemone, blue electric or malachite to name a few.

I actually tend to gravitate towards anemone and blue electric ! Great suggestion!

I did not thought about that and it is a great suggestion!

I am actually wearing scarves very frequently and that tends to be my pop of color, so definitely something to consider.

Thanks !

What a nice collection! I was in a similar spot (with a totally different bag - the Evelyne TPM, whether to go bright red or neutral), and one way that I ended up deciding was that I spent a couple of weeks paying attention to my outfits--which bag would I have chosen (red vs. a neutral) to go with that outfit? Overwhelmingly I thought a warm/neutral brown, so a neutral was what I decided to get.
Obviously, this might change with the seasons, but it's one way to think about how a bag would fit in your collection. Would you ever choose that pop color over your bleu nuit, gold, or vert cypress with certain outfits? Or likewise, would you reach for etoupe in all the same situations that your gold (or another bag) would work? There's bound to be some overlap, but it might give you a sense of what would round your collection out best; no sense in making an expensive purchase that never gets used.

(side note: I do think that the K in etoupe with PHW would fill a neutral "gap" in most wardrobes--it's a very different look than your ghw bags!)

Retourne for sure. I am not really into sellier due to leather (unless it is Togo, which is highly unlikely).

I actually saw a rouge Hermes K32 in my local store the other day. It is a nice color, but not for me. This being said, going for “neutral-ish” colors is a happy medium to consider.

You have a great collection! Do you want to add a K28 Sellier or retourne? Since you already have blue, gold and green in your collection how about a subtle ‘pop’ like rouge H? I know the color is right now available in stores. Or maybe go for a neutral like etain or etoupe if your heart is leaning towards neutrals. If you love neutrals, don’t force yourself to get a pop of color just for diversity. Buy what you know you will use with 100% certainty. Excited to see what you will add.

Reactions: eternallove4bag
Just to add I am not in a rush at all, I have filled my quota already and I am in a situation where I have (already) plenty with the bags I have, I just want to be prepared in case the question comes.

Beautiful colors in your collection. Etoupe is a great neutral, but have you considered Beton, Craie or Nata? The creamy whites are amazing and wouldn‘t be too difficult to maintain in a K28

Reactions: AlienaHermes
Love your collection! If you don't want to go for a different size or leather, how about a lighter colour to complement that darker tones you already have? E.g. Gris Perle, Craie or a soft bleu like Bleu Brume? I have a Vert Amande which I really love, it's somewhere between Grey and Green, so somewhere between a neutral and a colour... Ciel is another beautiful colour but not sure if it's available these days.

I am the same - prefer natural colors but open to blue and green for a pop of color.

I actually went for the same sizes as you for my first B's and K's. I have three B30 (black ghw, black shw, and etoupe ghw (although I would very much prefer etain as I am not a fan of white stitching)) and a K28 sellier noir before I decided to go for the smaller sizes B's and K's.

I got a K25 retourne (purposely asked for retourne as I think sz 25 will be too small in a sellier construct) in noir ghw.

My next bags I would go for a B25 (or two) in either deep blue, malachite, or Rouge H. A bit more fun in color and should be OK in a sz 25 bag. Maybe you can consider these colors (or even the sizes?)