Suggestions for Long Wallet...

Apr 30, 2015
Hello fellow tpf'ers

After trying every conceivable compact wallet/card holder combo I have come to the conclusion that I really do need a long wallet. The main reason is that I still like to use cash often and find folding bills a pain. A compact wallet does not make paying at the checkout a speedy process and am tired giving apologetic looks to the poor people behind me as I fumble with my folded cash!

Here are my parameters....
Something that will stand the test of time ( I had my last wallet...not LV...for nearly 5 years)
It has to be easy to get cards in and out (I tried the zcp last year but catching the cards on the zipper drove me mad)
I would like something lightweight (hence the trying compact wallets!!)
I only usually carry about 4 c.cards
I do not want to fold bills... I live in the U.K and our £20 note is a bit taller than Euro or dollar I think?!

As always many thanks in advance for your suggestions x

Hello fellow tpf'ers

After trying every conceivable compact wallet/card holder combo I have come to the conclusion that I really do need a long wallet. The main reason is that I still like to use cash often and find folding bills a pain. A compact wallet does not make paying at the checkout a speedy process and am tired giving apologetic looks to the poor people behind me as I fumble with my folded cash!

Here are my parameters....
Something that will stand the test of time ( I had my last wallet...not LV...for nearly 5 years)
It has to be easy to get cards in and out (I tried the zcp last year but catching the cards on the zipper drove me mad)
I would like something lightweight (hence the trying compact wallets!!)
I only usually carry about 4 c.cards
I do not want to fold bills... I live in the U.K and our £20 note is a bit taller than Euro or dollar I think?!

As always many thanks in advance for your suggestions x

Based on your requirements, I would think the Emilie wallet?

Reactions: Kidclarke
Emilie, Clemence, Jeanne

All three of those are the slimmer longer wallets. Except the Clemence might be "shorter" of the three, so maybe too short for the Sterling? Not certain. They also are not over-ridden with card slots. The Jeanne has the least of all the slots. The Jeanne is also the widest to be honest. And actually, I think the Jeanne is also the slimmest, and in my opinion, the Jeanne is also the easiest to get into. The Jeanne also has the removable inserts if you need to use the card case by itself or the coin pouch or something. I had the Emilie once, and I didn't mind it, but I eventually let it go.

I love the Jeanne now. It's long, but it's light and unassuming.

Emilie, Clemence, Jeanne

All three of those are the slimmer longer wallets. Except the Clemence might be "shorter" of the three, so maybe too short for the Sterling? Not certain. They also are not over-ridden with card slots. The Jeanne has the least of all the slots. The Jeanne is also the widest to be honest. And actually, I think the Jeanne is also the slimmest, and in my opinion, the Jeanne is also the easiest to get into. The Jeanne also has the removable inserts if you need to use the card case by itself or the coin pouch or something. I had the Emilie once, and I didn't mind it, but I eventually let it go.

I love the Jeanne now. It's long, but it's light and unassuming.
Thanks for this! Don't think I am familiar with this wallet... will take a look. Like the 'over-ridden' comment! My husband likes the Sarah (also my name) but it is definitely over-ridden with card slots for my measly amount of credit cards lol!!

Thanks for this! Don't think I am familiar with this wallet... will take a look. Like the 'over-ridden' comment! My husband likes the Sarah (also my name) but it is definitely over-ridden with card slots for my measly amount of credit cards lol!!
I recommended the Jeanne because you mentioned you had four cards or something. Also the larger sterling pound bills. Also because of the slim profile of the Jeanne. I can't explain it, but I've had both the Emilie and the Jeanne, and for some reason the Jeanne just appealed to me more. Not certain why. I had the Emilie in 2015 for about four months, then let it go.

I've got a Jeanne and a Zippy that I use as long wallets. I know the Clemence is slightly more compact than the Zippy wallet (the Zippy is my work horse for when I absolutely need to carry everything and the kitchen sink! It's also like 8 years old and still looks amazing.) but I'm really really loving my Jeanne because it's slim, I don't have to fold my cash, and it has a card holder that I can take out and run with if I want to go super light. It's pretty versatile.

Reactions: JazzyMac