Suggestions for Hermes Watch

I do recommend the Cape Cod as well. It is so simple but elegant on the wrist. Try to get one with an automatic manual movement. You will have fun with various available watch straps for this watch. H watch straps are the BEST and feel great on the wrist. Try to get stainless steel or white gold which seem easier to match with different colors of straps.

Thanks jaegerhomme! My other watches are auto movement and I have a watch winder for them. I am spoiled to that. I would only want the stainless or WG, because all of my jewelry is platinum. I like what you said about the straps, that would be ALMOST as much fun as choosing a new H bag in a different color - LOL:nuts:

What about the Maxi-H you have w/o diamonds? Do you not like it at all?
I love the size of the Maxi-H!! The idea that I could change the straps would be so much fun choosing new colors!!!!
Thanks!!

Penny, when I bought my Maxi H-our watch with orange alligator strap, I was saving my H fund for a Birkin. I should have just splurged on the one with diamonds just like PBC's.

And whenever I see PBC's watch, I sigh. :Push: So, unless you are convinced that you 100%, 200% want a casual watch without diamonds, don't make the same mistake as me.

Here's a picture of my ho hum :Push:Maxi H-our watch.

Attachments

• orange alligator H-hour watch.jpg
    orange alligator H-hour watch.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 547
MrsS,
I really think I do want the more casual look like yours. Honestly I wear so many diamonds-- ring with a 5.5ct center stone - rotate rings on right hand between 2.5ct center stone or 2.55 ct diamond shared prong celebration ring. Then theres the 10ct diamond bangle bracelet - diamond necklace - diamond earrings--- so I am already "diamonded out" before the watch ever goes on. I don't wear all that diamond jewelry everyday, but I always have something diamond on. So I think I will be happy with the plain Maxi-H with a really great strap.

That's great, Penny. So long as you have thought it through, and know what you want, to fit your usage and occasion.

I'm just sharing my thought process and then my experience of regret, that's all.

Can't wait to see what you finally get!

That's great, Penny. So long as you have thought it through, and know what you want, to fit your usage and occasion.

I'm just sharing my thought process and then my experience of regret, that's all.

Can't wait to see what you finally get!

MrsS
I appreciate so much your thoughts and input!!!:yes:
Of course it is so hard for me to choose anything other than the diamond version. I am really trying to scale this choice down to something simple, but classy.
I really hope that I am making the right choice. I know in the end I still might have to experience the regret you are describing.

pazt's cape cod watch with diamonds and rubies. :drool:

IMG_1622.jpg

I love this watch.
Where can you purchase Hermes watches?
Hermes store - but are there other places as well?
Thanks....:smile:

I have heard that you CAN bargain with the SA for H watches, even if you are buying in the H store. It was described as happening in Sg thou. Just make a note, it may be helpful. :graucho:

I'm with MrsS, I always purchase from the H Boutique. I should have added that to my earlier post.

Hi Penny, fyi, the stainless steel with leather strap H watch costs USD1k (in Hong Kong), price should be more or less the same as in the US.

I saw a rounded face stainless steel Hermes watch with diamond markers, alligator leather strap, costs just USD2k. This is only available in Duty Free Shoppers. Not sure if you can get in the US though. It's quite plain, but since it's only limited in Duty Free Shoppers, you won't clash with other people (like Rolex).