Suggestions for first LV wallet

EmeraldStar

Apr 8, 2006
I've decided to finally splurge and purchase an LV wallet! :yahoo: I use one wallet for all my bags since I can't afford the luxury of getting matching wallets. :P

I strongly prefer a full-length leather wallet in a color that will complement all of my bags. My collection consists of bags in Cassis, Lilac, Chocolate brown, Off-white, Sand, Merlot (deep red), and Black.

My first choice is something in the Epi line, like Sarah, Eugenie or Zippy but what color? Black? I love Cassis but think it may clash with my Merlot and Sand colored bags. :shame: I also really like the Mahina Amelia in Gris but will it get dirty easily? Vernis is beautiful but I don't want to see fingerprints everywhere, especially since it will be handled a lot.

Please feel free to suggest any new styles or opinions on wallets you already have. Thanks!!

I had a similar question about wallet and posted here. I was considering epi and vernis. I think epi would definitely be indestructible for a long time. But it may be heavier than the Mahina Amelia.

I don't think cassis would necessarily clash with merlot and sand. But it really depends on those shades. There is no rule to match bag and wallet in my book. :rolleyes:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...-multicolore-koala-vs-epi-joey-vs-487691.html

I also vote for a vermis Sarah or zippy. I love pomme and amarante. The issue with fingerprints is only on amarante and I think has been overblown a bit. What about blue nuit vermis in a zippy? It's gorgeous! I'm personally not an epi fan. If you look at used epi wallets on Ebay, the old ones don't look good. The edges on cassis, red and other colors often look discolored and blackened. I know a lot of people say epi is indestructible, but do some research looking at old pieces before going that route to be sure you like how old epi looks. I researched epi keyholders,the four key kind, since they are handled a lot and it really opened my eyes. I think vernis actually stays nicer longer. Plus, it's so much prettier. That gorgeous pop of color will make you smile. I have a Framboise zippy that looks gorgeous with everyday wear. It's so easy to find and brightens my spirits because it's so pretty. If I ever lose it, I would go with blue nuit, pomme or amarante, or even rose pop since Framboise is discontinued. Pick a color you love. People honestly don't notice that much whether a wallet matches every purse. Get something that makes you smile and gasp a tad when you use it. Small leather goods need to be really fun along with practical.

Last edited:
I also vote for a vermis Sarah or zippy. I love pomme and amarante. The issue with fingerprints is only on amarante and I think has been overblown a bit. What about blue nuit vermis in a zippy? It's gorgeous! I'm personally not an epi fan. If you look at used epi wallets on Ebay, the old ones don't look good. The edges on cassis, red and other colors often look discolored and blackened. I know a lot of people say epi is indestructible, but do some research looking at old pieces before going that route to be sure you like how old epi looks. I researched epi keyholders,the four key kind, since they are handled a lot and it really opened my eyes. I think vernis actually stays nicer longer. Plus, it's so much prettier. That gorgeous pop of color will make you smile. I have a Framboise zippy that looks gorgeous with everyday wear. It's so easy to find and brightens my spirits because it's so pretty. If I ever lose it, I would go with blue nuit, pomme or amarante, or even rose pop since Framboise is discontinued. Pick a color you love. People honestly don't notice that much whether a wallet matches every purse. Get something that makes you smile and gasp a tad when you use it. Small leather goods need to be really fun along with practical.

ITA!! Having a fun yet practical wallet in your sophisticated bag is akin to wearing something ultra-feminine and lacy underneath that basic black suit. ;) Kind of your own little grin-maker....

I will highly recommend the zippy wallet. It is so user friendly. Now the hardest part, what print/color? Personally, instead of matching your wallet, you can get a loud/bright stand out color so your wallet is easy to find AND brightens your day!! Just another thought!!!

I'd say Zippy Wallet in Epi Ivory, it would go with all your bags. I have a warm red Zippy Wallet (like pomme) and I don't think it looks good with my Cassis bag, I use a wallet in a cold rose pop pink color instead..

Last edited: