Suggestions for designer pieces under $1500 range?

advokaitplm

Jul 11, 2012
So, the other day my parents came across a pre-paid debit/credit card for me from one of the places I worked in high school/earlier in college. It was a seasonal job at a ski resort and they just put the money on these because I lived in the next state over (only a 20 minute drive but it was difficult for them with the interstate banking for some reason); since I couldn't deposit it into my bank account I just held onto it and, honestly, forgot about until my parents happened across it the other day. I can't put it into my bank account and my finances right now are settled (no bills, loans, etc.). I'm thinking about maybe a little spending spree as an early birthday/graduation present to myself.

I really love the Cartier Sweet Trinity (necklace or bracelet), the silk cord Cartier Baby Trinity, and some of Tiffany's gold items. I don't have any designer pieces so I'm kind of leaning in that direction. It has to be a durable and classic/timeless piece. I really like the mixed metals, hence why I like the Trinity Collection, but I just feel like I'm leaving some options out that I can't think of so I would very much appreciate any and all suggestions!

Sorry for the long post! Thanks everyone in advance and can't wait to see what everyone suggests, I know you all will have some great ideas!

I agree that the Cartier Trinity Sweet would be an EXCELLENT choice within your price range!

The VCA Alhambra is also a good suggestion, if the Sweet line appeals to you.

You could also opt for a nice pair of small diamond studs. If I had a $1500 budget, I would probably opt for a Tiffany DBTY necklace and matching earrings in yellow gold (Timeless & Subtle at your budget).

Confirm the full amount is still on there. Some of those prepaid things charge the balance a monthly fee if you don't use it in a specific window and have expiration dates.

Confirm the full amount is still on there. Some of those prepaid things charge the balance a monthly fee if you don't use it in a specific window and have expiration dates.

Yeah the expiration date is later this year, I checked when I got it! Thanks though! I know a lot of people wouldn't have thought to check it and that would have been devastating.

I would definitely go for one of the Cartier pieces if I could afford it, no doubt. Good luck!

I'm still iff-y on whether I want to spend it on a big item of jewelry or get some smaller projects with pieces I already own/ buy some new equipment for my horse.

Have you looked at the VCA Alhambra sweet line?
I'm considering one for my daughter that I may wear a bit!
I think they're in your price range.

I've looked at them and although I LOVE them on other people; it's just not really my style. I'm still debating whether to buy one big piece or wait/save for that.

I agree that the Cartier Trinity Sweet would be an EXCELLENT choice within your price range!

The VCA Alhambra is also a good suggestion, if the Sweet line appeals to you.

You could also opt for a nice pair of small diamond studs. If I had a $1500 budget, I would probably opt for a Tiffany DBTY necklace and matching earrings in yellow gold (Timeless & Subtle at your budget).

I actually have diamond studs or those would be first on my list! I have a DBTY style necklace too actually! haha :tup:

I was thinking today maybe the best thing to do would be to divide it up and have my diamond horseshoe necklace revamped with a new chain (one that I can adjust from 20-18" or 18-16") and new tack for my horse and make some purchases to donate to some local charities-- like dog food, etc. I just am infatuated with the Sweet Trinity though. I generally don't like "circle" necklaces but it's just so wonderful, which is why I feel like I should sit on it for awhile--to see if I really like it or I just like it on others. I've also started to become apprehensive about having a designer piece whilst being young (21, almost 22) I feel like it would be rather ostentatious and I would feel guilty about having it.

I've never had this amount of money to just spend before and probably won't again for awhile; I'm getting cold feet just thinking about it.
:nogood:

Honestly when I was in my 20's I wasn't into spending a lot of money on one thing. I wouldn't have been able to justify spending 1500 on one tiny item when I could get so many other little things. Maybe you could use the gift card to buy other giftcards that way they won't expire right away and you won't feel forced to spend the money if you aren't prepared to.

How about a Tiffany bone cuff. Oooo enjoy spending it & let us know what you get.

I forgot about the bone cuffs, I'll have to look into those!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Honestly when I was in my 20's I wasn't into spending a lot of money on one thing. I wouldn't have been able to justify spending 1500 on one tiny item when I could get so many other little things. Maybe you could use the gift card to buy other giftcards that way they won't expire right away and you won't feel forced to spend the money if you aren't prepared to.
The gift cards is a GREAT idea, I will probably end up doing this actually. As much as I want a nice designer piece and really love several of them I just don't feel like I can justify it right now. With a purchase like that I'd want to feel like I earned it not that I just got it just because.

Enjoy the search!
21/22 sounds like a great age for you to get whatever you like.
I know I shouldn't feel like that but its just a really big purchase and I'm really overwhelmed by just the thought of it. Especially when I could get several things I've been eyeing for awhile and could really use (I.e. re-doing a necklace I already wear 24/7 with the longer chain, things to make my horse more comfortable and happy, etc.) I just almost feel selfish because I can't put it in my bank account, which is what I'd prefer to do.

Just wanted to thank everyone again for your input and let you all know that I decided against buying jewelry with that money because I feel like it would b frivolous and not money well spent. As much as I love the Sweet Trinity I think I would rather have something with diamonds (Tiffany Solitaire with the single bail or a Victoria Pendant down the road) and it gives me time to see which one I really adore instead of making a rash decision. Thank you all again!

Just a quick note to say I don't think it's frivolous if you're finances are in good shape, but admire your restraint! One possibility would be to use it for the holidays--buy everyone's gifts early.

Just a quick note to say I don't think it's frivolous if you're finances are in good shape, but admire your restraint! One possibility would be to use it for the holidays--buy everyone's gifts early.

That's a REALLY good idea too. I know it's not frivolous but I felt like I was just picking things in that price range that I liked instead of LOVING a style to begin with and saving up for it, if that makes sense. I didn't want to just settle or feel like I was. So I'd rather wait and save up money from a first professional job out of school or something.
Plus I got to thinking, had I just earned that money and it didn't just feel like 'free' money because it had been a few years would I want to put it on one purchase right now or not? The answer was no for the time being so I'm holding off. Can't wait until I can have some fun reveals too though! :smile:

YOU have to feel comfortable with your choice of what to do. Treat it whole heartedly and then it will be right.

We all make mistakes,.. I have. Give it plenty of thought ...100% LOVE something before you buy it would be the advice I give. I am looking forward to seeing what you choose.