Suggestions for best flat irons for wavy/curly hair?

Jan 2, 2008
I'm not sure if this has been posted already... (hopefully not)... but I was just wondering if any of you gals out there know of a good flat iron to use on wavy/curly hair? I use a flat iron (only when my hair is dry), I refuse to flat iron it when its wet because it'll get too frizzy, plus I'm assuming its not very good for the hair... any recommendations? Right now I have a cheap vidal sasson right now, but it gets the job done, just want my hair to be a little more straighter. Thanks in advance! :flowers:

i had 1 (gave it to my sister) i bought from the mall, in pink (also come in black). they are sold at the little booth.... and i loved it
im using a curly iron from bedhead and i love it, so i think their flat iron will be good too

I have thick shoulder lenght hair, and I have been using Ted Gibson Professional Flat iron it's a bit pricey ($225) but it leaves your hair silky and soft, you can see it at Saks.com or for more affortable ones check Folica.com

OMG - get a GHD! Do a search on tPF there are about a million threads. They flatten, sraighten and curl too so it's multi-purpose. Your hair will be F-L-A-T!

^ Yes, get a GHD! It's the best hair straightener I've ever used. It doesn't completely fry my hair (of course you have to use heat protectant), and makes my hair look fantastic. It just about killed me to pay that much for an iron, but it's worth it.

I have curly/waxy hair. My sister has THICK curly wavy hair. We both use and LOVE the GHD. Do you blow dry your hair before you flat iron it? That's gonna help to get it very straight.

I had an Amica, and that was pretty good. But I recently upgraded to a GHD. (My hair is course/kinky). The GHD is amazing. Heats up fast, auto shutoff and you really only need 1-2 passes for perfect hair. It also is really easy to curl with.