Suggestions for best facial cleanser please

I hate to admit this, but after trying different facial cleansers and not getting great results, I tried doing absolutely nothing to my face for a week to see how that will go. Turns out... my face doesn't break out, get too greasy, none of that bad stuff! It's just odd how it turned out that way. So my routine for my face is to literally do nothing except SPF in the morning before heading to work, and at night some light coconut oil.

Of course, YMMV since every person is different!

I hate to admit this, but after trying different facial cleansers and not getting great results, I tried doing absolutely nothing to my face for a week to see how that will go. Turns out... my face doesn't break out, get too greasy, none of that bad stuff! It's just odd how it turned out that way. So my routine for my face is to literally do nothing except SPF in the morning before heading to work, and at night some light coconut oil.

Of course, YMMV since every person is different!
This is exactly the point I was trying to make about the thread on the 10-12 step Korean skin care. It is possible that people overdo the products ending up with angry red skin. ( and wasting their money doin' harm rather than good) Something very gentle for sensitive skin would probably work for you, but you did the right thing to let it 'rest' and calm down.

I swear by Rodan and Fields. I've used a lot of different products over the years and these actually work! I've tried all four of the regimens and love them all!

I recommend the Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing balm - it is amazing!
Not being one for loving cleansers and seeing them as practical only, after getting this balm, it has changed my life.
Smells wonderful, feels luxurious.
You rub it into the face and take off with a hot cloth. Like a facial every night.

I recommend the Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing balm - it is amazing!
Not being one for loving cleansers and seeing them as practical only, after getting this balm, it has changed my life.
Smells wonderful, feels luxurious.
You rub it into the face and take off with a hot cloth. Like a facial every night.
Sounds lovely! Do you use a moisturiser after wards? I used the eve look range, she pioneered the hit cloth method and she used to insist on no moisturiser afterwards to let the skin 'breathe' at night.

Glossier milky jelly cleanser. Light and hydrating

What is this like? I have been wanting to try their products! I have the rosewater mist, which is okay but nothing special IMO.

Re: favorite cleaners, I love bioderma crealine h20 to take off makeup/sunscreen, then Avene Xeracalm A.D Lipid-Replenishing Cleansing Oil. However, this oil does foam, which I understand is not great for your skin. I have been meaning to try another cleanser, but haven't found anything that is both gentle and removes makeup/sunscreen residue like the avene cleansing oil does.

I have heard good things about Tata Harper and Sunday Riley, but I'm like to try samples before splurging on full size versions.

I LOVE eve lom, but I have a hard time justifying spending so much money on something that just sits on my face for a matter of seconds.

What is this like? I have been wanting to try their products! I have the rosewater mist, which is okay but nothing special IMO.

Re: favorite cleaners, I love bioderma crealine h20 to take off makeup/sunscreen, then Avene Xeracalm A.D Lipid-Replenishing Cleansing Oil. However, this oil does foam, which I understand is not great for your skin. I have been meaning to try another cleanser, but haven't found anything that is both gentle and removes makeup/sunscreen residue like the avene cleansing oil does.

I have heard good things about Tata Harper and Sunday Riley, but I'm like to try samples before splurging on full size versions.

I LOVE eve lom, but I have a hard time justifying spending so much money on something that just sits on my face for a matter of seconds.

The Glossier cleanser has a faint smell of rose and is good for everyday cleanse. Though I don't think it's good at removing makeup so you can use it as a 2nd cleanse

We have the same skin type and requirements, and I've never loved a beauty product more than I love MV organics cleanser. It becomes the lightest, most nourishing milk once emulsified. Removes eye make up perfectly. Kills redness in my skin. Dreamy!

I like my double cleansing method. I now use Shu Eumura cleansing oils or TATCHA cleansing oil followed by TATCHA rice enzyme powder cleanser at night. In the morning now I am going back to BR Lair U milky cleanser with a konjac sponge. Then I use a Shu Uemura toner or Lotion P50 followed by what ever other products I feel my skin needs day versus night. I will not use soap on my skin. I also stopped using any foaming cleansers.

Luminance skin care for mature skin. Vegan, organic, hand made in small batches, cruelty free. I've been using about 10 days, and my face is happy!

thanks for this info because I went onto their website & liked what I saw (I've been using an organic line from Tata Harper for a while but I'm almost out of products) so I just ordered 6 of the Luminance products!! Anxious to try them ~ thanks again!:smile: