Suggestions for an "investment" bag?

stylefly

Shopportunist
O.G.
Apr 22, 2006
So...I know someone who is looking to buy her first-ever "investment bag". I don't think she is big on logos and she wants to narrow it down to about 7-8 various bags. No particular designers, just bags that look classy and she won't have to worry about them becoming 'dated' or falling apart.
I am going to suggest the Epi Pont-Neuf perhaps in black for the LV portion of the possibilities..does anyone else have any good suggestions:smile: ?

I think before I can suggest, I'll need to understand your definition of "investment bag". :shame: Does it mean that she wants a bag which will increase its market value so that she can sell it at a better price in the future? :shrugs:

I think before I can suggest, I'll need to understand your definition of "investment bag". :shame: Does it mean that she wants a bag which will increase its market value so that she can sell it at a better price in the future? :shrugs:

I was wondering the same thing. If that is the case, I would suggest any bag. Too me, even really rare stuff is going below retail (mostly).

Yeah..investment bag ?? Any LV bag is an investment, you use it and someday when you decided to sell, you still get some $$

I personally think sometime epi line doesn't really have high resell value especially for that style you mentioned.

I was wondering the same thing. If that is the case, I would suggest any bag. Too me, even really rare stuff is going below retail (mostly).
Hmm, not really. The graffiti line, especially the speedy is going for more than double the retail price on ebay now, if the condition of the bag is good. :sweatdrop: So if she is looking forward to purchase the current limited edition LV bags as an investment, she'll have to be able to foresee the market demand of the bag in the future. ;)

I think to most people buying their first "investment" bag, it means choosing a bag that they can use for many years to come, that won't go out of style. In that case, most people would mention the Speedy and Alma styles.

I would suggest a limited edition speedy. Or at least a Damier Speedy 25 or 30. These bags will have good resale value and the Damier will stay in nice condition longer. The good thing about LV is they have price increases a few times a year. So, if you buy a bag for $595.00 today in about 10 years that bag will be selling for $800-900 and you could easily sell it probably at what you paid.

It's not LV but my sister got her Hermes (Kelly- she has some special style or color but I have no idea what.. lol ) 10 years ago, paid around $5000. Today people are asking her to sell them more than $10K. Even minus inflation rate, that's a great value, I think.