Suggestions for a carry on bag/purse

Snow Diva

O.G.
Nov 15, 2013
Hello friends! I'm looking for a recommendation for a new purse that I plan to use for travel. I'm looking for something that is crossbody but large enough to fit my iPad mini and other travel essentials. For me, that would include my passport, wallet, phone, charger & headphones, plane tickets, small makeup bag, and sunglasses. I want something secure so I don't have to worry about things spilling out, so ideally a zip top or a flap or really any kind of closure. Colour wise I'm looking for something black or red. I was googling handbags and came across the dolce and gabbana Sicily bag but I'm not sure if the small or medium can be worn crossbody or can fit an iPad mini so if anyone can confirm that it would be great. Otherwise I'm open to any suggestions that fit my criteria!

Thanks!

I've tried on the dolce before and it's quite heavy but you might not mind that. I just bought a LV totally mm for travel with our newborn. I have to carry quite a bit (changing pad,nappies, wipes, iPhone 6 Plus, long wallet, moisturiser, lip balm, antibacterial gel and possibly a kindle and laptop) but it's light and easy to carry. It's not a cross body though.

I really love my mini Givenchy Antigona. I carry the exact same things as you when I travel and it fits everything you listed (although I use a pretty small wallet). The iPad mini definitely fits in there. I normally carry it as a long shoulder bag, but I think it can crossbody pretty well.

I use my Balenciaga Velo or Town (which is a bit smaller). Very secure zippers, can be worn crossbody, in hand or on the shoulder (with the strap doubled).

Longchamp does great bags for travel. The Le Pliage Hobo is a great bag for any occasion and it comes in several gorgeous colors. Le Pliage Néo Crossbody is a bit smaller, but will take care of your things with ease. Both bags are extremely lightweight.

If you want leather, Mulberry Alexa or Small Bayswater Satchel tick the boxes for you. The SBS also comes in both black and red colors! If you want a slimmer bag, Antony is your man. The Antony Messenger will take all your things and with ease - I've had mine for 5 yrs and am still totally in love with it! Ant comes in a gorgeous oxblood red and black!

I'll second other posters votes for Bal Velo or Town. Bal City also works well- just depends on mood, destination, and what you need to carry.

I's also recommend Givenchy medium Pandora. It can be carried six ways: crossbody, hand, crook of arm, long shoulder (with strap), short shoulder (with handle), and -- i learned in TPF- ling strap can loop around handle to create backpack strap.

Pandora zippers are sturdy, goatskin and Pepe leathers are both pretty indestructible, and the mix of inner and outer zip pockets is perfect.

Good luck - and bon voyage!

Hello friends! I'm looking for a recommendation for a new purse that I plan to use for travel. I'm looking for something that is crossbody but large enough to fit my iPad mini and other travel essentials. For me, that would include my passport, wallet, phone, charger & headphones, plane tickets, small makeup bag, and sunglasses. I want something secure so I don't have to worry about things spilling out, so ideally a zip top or a flap or really any kind of closure. Colour wise I'm looking for something black or red. I was googling handbags and came across the dolce and gabbana Sicily bag but I'm not sure if the small or medium can be worn crossbody or can fit an iPad mini so if anyone can confirm that it would be great. Otherwise I'm open to any suggestions that fit my criteria!

Thanks!
I just bought the work satchel from Alesya Bags and today is my first day wearing it, but I bought it for this exact purpose and it is definitely PERFECT for what you're describing!!
the link to the bag
video of it in action!!

ps. do you know where I should review this bag on this forum? I feel like a lot of ladies on here would benefit from a review of this bag!! it's already exceeding my expectations.

I'll second other posters votes for Bal Velo or Town. Bal City also works well- just depends on mood, destination, and what you need to carry.

I's also recommend Givenchy medium Pandora. It can be carried six ways: crossbody, hand, crook of arm, long shoulder (with strap), short shoulder (with handle), and -- i learned in TPF- ling strap can loop around handle to create backpack strap.

Pandora zippers are sturdy, goatskin and Pepe leathers are both pretty indestructible, and the mix of inner and outer zip pockets is perfect.

Good luck - and bon voyage!

Thank you for your suggestions! Now I have to look up how you guys turn it into a backpack!

I just bought the work satchel from Alesya Bags and today is my first day wearing it, but I bought it for this exact purpose and it is definitely PERFECT for what you're describing!!
the link to the bag
video of it in action!!

ps. do you know where I should review this bag on this forum? I feel like a lot of ladies on here would benefit from a review of this bag!! it's already exceeding my expectations.

Thank you for your feedback! I haven't heard of this brand so I will read up on it! I would think you could review it in the general handbags section. Looking forward to reading your review! :smile: