Suggest A Watch Under 400?

aarti

T&co state of mind..
Nov 11, 2005
im looking for a watch that would fit my slim wrist, i dont like regular numbers on the face but rather either roman numerals or vintage looking ones. i found the MJ vintage watch, but ive never spent 425 on a watch before, and wanted to see if there was anything else before i go ahead and buy it. if the price is rising toward 400 then i might as well get the MJ one unless the quality differs. any suggestions?

I suggest you look at Movado. There may be some timepieces in your price range. If not, I would recommend Bulova. Here are some examples:

$375

$375

$299

$265

$215

Citizen watches are wonderful, especially the Eco Drive watches. I have three of them and it's SO great to never worry about the battery going dead! I got one of the first models they put out in the Eco Drive when there wasn't much of a selection, but in the past 6 years the have oodles of dressy, casual, sporty, whatever you want, in the Eco Drives. In your price range and you can't go wrong with Citizen watches.

Here's my first Eco Drive. The MSRP is $400, but you can easily find them for less than that. This one also has diamonds, which you man not care for. It is very slim and very comfy.
EP5200-54A.jpg

Here's the link to Princeton Watches with some of the Eco Drive models. Disclaimer: I've never shopped with them, so I can't recommend them one way or the other.
Citizen Ladies Watches

Have you considered Pre-Owned or even just actual vintage?
For example,
14K Gold & Diamond Vintage "Cover" watch
009467-A.jpg

You could also do a fun vintage watch necklace-- you can even take a pocket watch and convert it into a necklace:
14K Solid Gold and Garnets Watch pendant ($395 BIN on ebay)
009627-A.jpg

This one is with 18K and diamonds from 1920's
41.gif

You could do something fun like this 1950's Royal Dynasty Bakelite Watch currently $46.
redbakewatch.jpg

There were some Michele Watches at Neiman Marcus Last Call and Off 5th last weekend. (I am in Atlanta.) The ones without diamonds were priced mostly around $400. I saw a wide selection of Urbans, Decos and MW2s. The SA at NM Last Call told me they got those in last Friday. Your local NM Last Call and Off 5th might have some...

Japster said:
Have you considered Pre-Owned or even just actual vintage?
For example,
14K Gold & Diamond Vintage "Cover" watch
009467-A.jpg

You could also do a fun vintage watch necklace-- you can even take a pocket watch and convert it into a necklace:
14K Solid Gold and Garnets Watch pendant ($395 BIN on ebay)
009627-A.jpg

This one is with 18K and diamonds from 1920's
41.gif

You could do something fun like this 1950's Royal Dynasty Bakelite Watch currently $46.
redbakewatch.jpg
thanks ladies for the suggestions!! japster, i have no clue on where to start looking for vintage watches, but i love the idea!! where woud i go to find beauties like these?