Suede vs. Cloth Interior?

Are there pros and cons to both? I'm really torn whether or not I should get a Stella with the cloth interior or the suede. In my head, the one with the suede with feel more substanstial, but I really don't know? Your opinions?

I love the suede interiors but on the larger bags like the Venetia and the Blake it does make them very heavy. I have almost stopped using my Venetia because of the weight. I have a Sophia with cloth lining and its so much easier to carry (although it is a smaller bag). I think the Sophia is around the same size as the Stella?? (I've never seen one IRL). So perhaps the weight would not be a huge consideration.

That all said, given the choice, I think personally I would go for the luxury feel and smell of the suede.

both certainly have their merits. i prefer suede in my zc's. otherwise, it really depends on the bag. my soft calf bags all have suede lining and it feels so luxe and worth the retail price i paid. on my seasonal bags, it's usually textile or canvas, which is fine because they're heavy enough as it is with the thick leather and hardware. if it was lined with suede, it would be unbearable for me to carry.

i feel like most of the members here like the suede linings better because it makes the bags seem more rich and luxe. i dont really mind the canvas because it makes them lighter and no body ever sees the lining.

I adore the suede. One of my favorite things about MJ bags. It feels so nice to take things out of my bag and touch suede. (Am I crazy? lol)

However, the cloth/canvas is a lot lighter when you carry the bag, and a lot easier to maintain!

I adore the suede. One of my favorite things about MJ bags. It feels so nice to take things out of my bag and touch suede. (Am I crazy? lol)

However, the cloth/canvas is a lot lighter when you carry the bag, and a lot easier to maintain!

Love the suede, and the canvas is not the same. Love the bags, but there is just something about that suede interior. :love:

Oooh suede all the way..IMO it's what makes MJ bags as unique as they are..I love how different colored bags have different suede interiors according to seasons...It just adds to the overall richness & luxuriousness of the bags..All my MJ bags have suede lining except for my Sophia and chic bags..but I don't love them any less b/c they don't have the suede lining either..

the first mj bag i ever saw was in vegas in 2003 and it was the suede interior that really got me-
i only have one (a toaster bag) with the most beautiful light blue suede lining--there truly is something about reaching in for something and touching suede. LOVE it.

i wish my new sophia had suede, but i love it soooo much even with its canvas.

Suede lining all the way! It just wouldn't be the same with canvas. Or anything else, for that matter.

(The Stella is much! bigger than the Sophia in real life, for the record.)