Suede Sofia Coppola Consideration.

BobbyLovesLV

Sep 20, 2012
Hey everyone! I have a quick question! I'm greatly considering a Sofia Coppola Louis Vuitton bag. They're so understated and glamorous. I particularly am looking at the suede models and have fallen into a deep obsession with the suede material. However, a friend of mine brought up that suede isn't a very strong material so I wouldn't be able to pack a lot of things in the bag. After hearing that I became afraid that the bag might not withstand the stuff I put in it. Is this true?

image-2967015774.jpg

image-3591041385.jpg

This is generally what I carry, but I can remove the iPad and notebook. Would the SC be able to withstand that much weight?

THANKS SO MUCH 😊😊😊

Hey everyone! I have a quick question! I'm greatly considering a Sofia Coppola Louis Vuitton bag. They're so understated and glamorous. I particularly am looking at the suede models and have fallen into a deep obsession with the suede material. However, a friend of mine brought up that suede isn't a very strong material so I wouldn't be able to pack a lot of things in the bag. After hearing that I became afraid that the bag might not withstand the stuff I put in it. Is this true?

This is generally what I carry, but I can remove the iPad and notebook. Would the SC be able to withstand that much weight?

THANKS SO MUCH 😊😊😊

Hi, from what I've seen suede usually are a bit thicker than the same bag in leather so I think the SC in suede would hold the same as leather.

You could also ask in the SC club in the clubhouse: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-clubhouse/sofia-coppola-sc-club-438725.html

:smile:

I'm sure you could fit everything in the suede SC -- as Elliespurse suggested, ask in the SC Clubhouse - I know there are some members there that have the suede SC bag. BTW, great choice on SC - it's my favorite LV. I also have the SC suede slim clutch - love SC suede!

I'm sure you could fit everything in the suede SC -- as Elliespurse suggested, ask in the SC Clubhouse - I know there are some members there that have the suede SC bag. BTW, great choice on SC - it's my favorite LV. I also have the SC suede slim clutch - love SC suede!

I just have been craving a suede bag recently since I saw a suede Birkin! Absolutely stunning! And SC makes gorgeous LV bags. I love that collaboration! And I'm so jealous of your clutch. Congrats!

Louis Vuitton probably (for that price) uses good suede. Overall, suede is somewhat cheaper than leather, stains are difficult to remove on a suede bag. Because the fibers of calfskin suede are short, it will become and look bald easily. Black is a hard color for suede, overtime will appear shades of grey and brown.
As long as you take very good care of it, it should not be a problem. Avoid placing suede bags on the floor or dirty places (greasy floors). Suede requires more care than leather, because the suede SC it is made from calf suede it though is flexible and strong.
It's a gorgeous bag, but if you don't want (have time) to baby it, I would suggest leather! =)

Louis Vuitton probably (for that price) uses good suede. Overall, suede is somewhat cheaper than leather, stains are difficult to remove on a suede bag. Because the fibers of calfskin suede are short, it will become and look bald easily. Black is a hard color for suede, overtime will appear shades of grey and brown.
As long as you take very good care of it, it should not be a problem. Avoid placing suede bags on the floor or dirty places (greasy floors). Suede requires more care than leather, because the suede SC it is made from calf suede it though is flexible and strong.
It's a gorgeous bag, but if you don't want (have time) to baby it, I would suggest leather! =)

Very good points.... I think you've convinced me to just get the black leather SC instead.

I purchased my SC bag in pm size and red color two weeks ago and I'm in love with my bag❤don't worry about the size...I have two kids and I usually carry a lot of thinks in my bag and your iPad will feet in your bag too....I was thinking to get the suede too when they came out with this bag and red...the suede is just beautiful but because I have two suede handbags I wouldn't go again with suede...I have the Proenza Shouler PS bag in black suede and a beautiful suede Beige color Chanel bag...both beautiful but very hard to take care of...stain very easy...my Chanel suede cost even more than the PS bag and I was really in love with it and I still in love with it but if I could choose again I wouldn't choose suede again...hope you make the right decision;)I will post a picture of my SC bag for you too:smile:ImageUploadedByPurseForum1364357205.900758.jpg

I had to chime in here just to second this post. I love the look of suede, but it (IMHO) can be a nightmare to care for, especially if you actually want to use the bag regularly (as opposed to a once-a-year venture out of the closet). I agree with absolutely everything above, including the tendency for dark suede to change color over time--I had a beautiful bag in a rich chocolate suede that changed to a very unattractive greenish/grey over time (and I only used it minimally--for most of its life, it was stored in a dustbag).

Very good points.... I think you've convinced me to just get the black leather SC instead.
I love your bag collection (I watch your videos). IMHO, I would stick with the leather since you like to "use" all of your bags. If you spend this much on a SC bag, you want carry this bag all over campus and shopping. Not just an occasional bag. Good luck and I look forward to a video, if you end up splurging, it is an amazing bag!