Suede shoes just for fall/winter???

oo_let_me_see

100% Puerto Greekan
O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
I'm thinking of getting a pair of suede loafers with a stacked heel. I'm in Florida, so I always prefer a shoe that can be worn year-round. Do you think suede is okay for all seasons (as long as they aren't boots)??? TIA!

well its practically winter in seattle all year round .. (just being sarcastic here but really its on the cooler side). I wear suede all year but in the evenings only in the warmer seasons. I definately wouldnt wear them during the day in warm weather.

oo_let_me_see,
I know what you mean, I am in the South as well! I have always thought of suede as fall/winter. Plus it can be warm on the foot, which might not be so good for those hot days. However, I have seen sandals with suede on them. I do not think I would wear a loafer style suede in the heat of the summer.If you love them though you should get them! Got pic's??

I think a suede loafers should be worn f/w only. Suede sandals are ok in the summer, but in general, suede is strictly f/w material. BUT, oo-let-me, I'd buy 'em if you like 'em!

Normally, I would say that suede shoes are primarily for fall/winter. However, having lived in Seattle for 5 years, I can attest that except for a few weeks in August and September, Seattle has the look and feel of the fall or winter. So, in Seattle, I think you can wear suede shoes at least 9-10 months of the year.

Yeah, I was pretty sure of the answer but didn't want to hear it. Plus these really do look like a fall shoe, but aren't they cute?!?!

Attachments

• untitled 467x350.jpg
    untitled 467x350.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 793
Yes they are! They look comfy too!!! They are classic, if you love them, buy them and take good care of them and you can have them many winters in Florida!! Let us know what you decide.

Yeah, I was pretty sure of the answer but didn't want to hear it. Plus these really do look like a fall shoe, but aren't they cute?!?!

They are really cute! But I think they'd look best in the fall and winter. Maybe into March.

I've been wondering about the suede season too. A couple of years ago I bought these gorgeous pale blue suede pumps, but I've never worn them b/c I don't know when the right time of year is. On the one hand they're suede so I think fall and winter, but on the other hand they're light blue so I think spring and summer.:shrugs:

Can I ask you what web site you are looking on? It did not look familiar and I wanted to see what all they had if it was one I did not know. Did you decide to get them Florida gal? That style would be great for day to day go with anything. Stuart Wietzman has a suede loafer style I am looking at. Great style!:wlae:

cjy, yes I think I'm going to get them. The picture is from Christine at Neiman Marcus in Vegas. Her email address is [email protected]. Write to her and she will add you on her emails. She sends a bunch of pics. She has shown some pretty awesome stuff and on sale too! =o)-